Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

13 Months

IMG_6319

As always, I’m late again! Life just doesn’t slow down, little man, and neither do you!  You are really getting to where you know what you want, how you want to do it, and are pretty determined to have it your way!  We have definitely had a few cases of temper tantrums and testing boundaries.  We have also watched you try things you were timid to do before, and we have seen your little brain growing by leaps and bounds!  You are simply wonderful!

Physically you have had somewhat of a rough month!  You have cut another bottom tooth in addition to the 4th top one that finally popped through.  You also had to get tubes put in your ears due to constant fluid and recurrent ear infections that seemed resistant to antibiotics.  You were a trooper about it all though- just a little more fussy than normal.

Intellectually… Even since your birthday, I have noticed your level of comprehension sky rocketing!  You understand so much of what I say, and, most of the time, you will do what I am asking.  In the car it is mostly, “Hayes, put your paci in.”  Haha.  You also will take things out of your mouth when asked and put bites back in your mouth when asked.  You know what it means when I tell you to sit back down (like in the shopping cart, high chair, or bathtub).  This is probably the one you most often test me on!  You also test me on “No, no. That’s mommy’s.” too though!  It has been so fun watching you understand and follow simple instructions.

You truly want to do whatever Cole and Jordan are doing.  If they are eating with a fork, you want to eat with a fork… by yourself!  If I make you cereal when they are eating cereal bars, you need a cereal bar instead.  If they are wrestling Daddy, you are ready to attack.  If they are at the table coloring, you will fuss until you are at the table with crayon in hand!

IMG_8018

You have also learned to appreciate tv from them (and our Thanksgiving road trips).  Your favorites are Mickey Mouse and Elmo.  In fact, the other day when we got in the car, I promise you pointed at where the tv screen pops down and said “Elmo.”  What have we done?!?!  Haha.  Here you are right in the middle of it all while Daddy plays Xbox and as he was showing Cole a classic Hulk Hogan/Andre the Giant WWE match.  Again, gotta be where they are, doing what they’re doing!

IMG_8029IMG_8260

Here’s one new trick… We tried this walking toy a little while back, but you weren’t quite ready for it.  We brought it out again, and you LOVE it!  Still working on turning it, but you will pace the room if we let you! 

You have gotten very intentional with your playing.  You love talking on the phone.  You also are very particular about setting toys up the right way and putting them in certain spots.  If Cole or Jordan show you how they are playing something, you will do your best to imitate it.  If you can’t do it how you want, you get very frustrated.  So funny to see such determination in such a little body!

IMG_8024IMG_8022 

You also are a silly boy though with an edge of daredevil!  You love the chair Nonny and Poppy gave you for your birthday, but you refuse to sit in it.  You only want to stand! And you are stinking strong!  We literally have to pin you down for diaper changes.  You don’t want to stop whatever you are doing to get the stink off!  Trust me though, everyone else needs you to stop.  Haha.

 IMG_8031 IMG_8041

I had to put these pictures together because this month also marked a change from baby carseat to big boy carseat.  Both of these pictures also have their own sweet meanings too.  I love the way you cross your feet.  Cutest ever.  And I had to get a picture of you covered in cereal bar… One reason it is sometimes not good to give into your “I want what Cole and Jordan have/I will do it myself” tantrums!  What a mess!

IMG_8066 IMG_8349

These moments are rare.  You are a boy that LOVES his bed.  I hardly ever rock you to sleep any more.  I do rock you for a few minutes because I am not ready to give it up yet, but you just lay still and go right to sleep once I lay you in your bed.  I had worn you out with Christmas activities at Cole and Jordan’s school so Nonny took advantage and enjoyed some snuggle time!

IMG_8362 

She deserves those snuggles though because she had a cousin sleepover at her house this month!  You even got to stay the night, and look how happy you were about it!  You just think you are too big!

IMG_8364

Here is another little trick I taught you.  Peek-a-boo with baby sister.  You had been kissing my belly when I asked you to kiss the baby, but when you saw yourself on camera, you decided you were still the baby that needed to be kissed!  I agree, sweet thing!  You will always be my baby!

Love you!!!

No comments: