Cole and I went to Chick-fil-A’s mother/son date knight at the Pink Palace at the start of June. He doesn’t take a nap every day, but, knowing we would be out late, I convinced him to take one. I was rubbing his head to help him fall asleep, and he reached up, locked fingers with mine, and promptly fell asleep. Sweetest start to our date ever!
He was so excited about a night all about him! Some of the best anticipatory quotes:
To Jordan… “You’re gonna miss me for a while because I have to go out.”
When deciding between 2 shirts… “I think this one because I think I need to look kinda fancy!”
As I read him the options of things to do… “We might dance, we might not. We will see when we get there.” (Once there he said “Ok… I know now, we aren’t gonna dance.” Haha!)
Getting impatient… “Can we go now? When’s dad gonna be home for these two?”
Thanks to Charlie Fagala for letting us borrow his awesome knight costume! Cole was pumped and looked so good. We ended up losing some of the costume by the time we actually got to the Pink Palace, but it was fun while it lasted.
They had a great program, and I highly recommend it to anyone considering going in the future. Lots of fun stuff to do, inexpensive, and supports a great cause.
Cole was pumped when we pulled up to the Pink Palace.
Working on his crown (which he gave to me), getting a balloon sword, and Ninja Turtle face paint!
We saw a cool show in the planetarium where he wanted us to hold hands. In fact he said “I think I just might hold your hand.” I didn’t mind too much.
After the planetarium, we ate our yummy dinner. My little gentleman asked if he could scoot my chair out for me. Dinner brought about many interesting comments! One was “When I get big, I’m gonna be a worker. I’m gonna do everything- except not plays. But I’m gonna be a builder and build a house because I want you to have a new home. And I can also do fireman stuff and dig holes for beavers to live in so they have new homes too.” He also gave me this sweet compliment… “I like the sparkly on your eyes. It’s really pretty.”As we were eating dessert, he said “I’m just gonna move my cookie over so we can sit closer.” He then preceded to put my arm around him. Such a little ladies’ man!
After supper we got to check out a giant bug exhibit. Really cool and perfect for little boys!
Cole was so excited to see all the skeletons too. He especially wanted his picture with the armadillo one to show to Jordan and the python one to show to Daddy. Funny boy.
We finished off the night with horse and carriage ride. We thought we were too late. We actually were, and we started to turn away until they realized how disappointed he was. They immediately caught up with us and said “What’s one more loop? Hop on!” He was pumped!
We couldn’t have asked for a better, more special night! On the way home I told him that, when he got big enough to go on dates with other girls, they were all gonna just love him if he were as sweet to them as he had been to me on our date. He melted my heart when he said “Well I just might stay with you a while. Maybe forever. Is that ok because I know you like me a little bit?” Like??? A little bit??? Sweet baby boy… You will never know just how much I love you. And you can stay with me forever… although I think you will change your mind about that one.
And just so you don’t think we forgot anyone… Murray gave Hayes and Jordan a pretty fun night at home too! He and Jordan had the best kind of tea party… a coke and popcorn one! They played dress-up, and he even painted her toenails with pink, sparkly polish! Hayes was thoroughly entertained by all that was going on, and he got some sweet cuddle time after Jordan went to bed. What a good daddy right?!?!
Thankful for some precious one-on-one times with our kiddos, and plan to make that a more regular occurrence.

No comments:
Post a Comment