Hayes-y, Hayes-y! How are you so big?!?! I know I say it every month, but 9 months really seems too big. I mean 3/4 of a year big! You act big too. Despite being actually small on the growth curve, people think you are bigger/older than you really are all the time, and I know it’s because you are so smart, alert, and interactive!
You weighed 17lbs 14oz at your 9 month checkup putting you slightly under the 25%. You were 27.5in long (about 25%), and your head circumference was 50%. You were so big and tough, but you don’t get all the credit since did have some good little helpers there too.
As far as personality goes, you still love to smile and laugh. You are very friendly, and you only occasionally decide not to go to someone else. You do love your momma though and definitely have your “I only want momma” moments. You are also very much a little flirt. One of your favorite things to do is smile at someone and then lean your head into me like you are shy. So silly! This month or so you have become much more impatient. You want picked up when you say so. You want your food when you say so. You want out of bed when you say so. You want what you want when you say so. We know because you either grunt loudly or scream loudly when whatever you are wanting doesn’t happen. Haha. We haven’t been used to that kind of demanding with you because you have always been so laid back. I’m sure comparatively, you are still very laid back… just not as much as you once were.
You love to eat! You eat cereal in the morning and then usually 4 tubs of baby food a day, plus you nurse, plus you LOVE table food! Really, if I were confident in you getting full, I could let you just eat table food now because it’s by far what you prefer until you get impatient because you can’t eat fast enough. Haha. This month you have tried a pickle, baked and mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, asparagus, green beans, a banana, and a Dyer’s milkshake (thanks to your sucker of a Daddy!). I’m sure there are more new things I’m forgetting too. So far, there is not anything you seem to dislike.
And even being on the lower end of the growth curve, you still have some pretty cute little fat rolls and dimples! In fact, this summer you have gotten a pretty decent tan, and the tanlines on your wrists and ankles from the creases in your little rolls are so cute! They are pretty tough to keep clean though. You quite often are caught with a terrible dirt ring under your neck! Good thing you love bathtime! Here is your first bubble bath!
You got your 1st tooth this month. One little bottom tooth poking up. I think the second will be here soon, but not yet. You are also in desperate need of your first official haircut. I did the initial trim, but this has surpassed my abilities!
And spoiler alert… we got a dog. Haha. That post will come later because I do try to go in chronological order for all things EXCEPT monthly posts because I get too confused on what milestones happened when. I knew you loved animals before and that has only been confirmed by our getting Sugar! You adore her. You imitate her little bark, grab her any chance you get, and love to kiss and be kissed.
You have learned several new tricks this month! You can high five…
And clap! Yay!
And look at you scoot! I call it the inchworm… You won’t do it for long distances without getting pretty impatient and frustrated. You’ll be moving quickly soon enough little man, but for now, you definitely still prefer for your primary mode of transportation to be riding on momma’s hip!
One of your most favorite things to do is play rough! You grab a handful of hair or roughly pat Cole and Jordan all the time. You get so excited seeing them and playing with them, and you love their toys. Cole shared his knife with you in the car one day which kinda weirded me out when I opened the door and saw this… Something not right about it. Funny though.
I think all 3 of you might say your favorite game to play though is “Flying Baby” with Daddy. You all just giggle. It’s the cutest.
Just for fun… let’s do a 9 month comparison with Cole and Jordan.
I think they are all related!
We love you sweet Hayes! You are a cutie patootie and sweet as can be. So thankful for you!

No comments:
Post a Comment