My sweet mother-in-law, Mrs. Jennifer, gave me a picture frame for my birthday that says “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” I think this is so true because I think, as parents, we are constantly trying to find the perfect opportunity to teach our kids important life lessons, and, while I am not denying the fact that it is important to be intentional with our children, I think that so often it’s our kids who already get it better than we do. Guess that may be part of what Jesus meant when he said it unless we become like little children… I have really been reminded of this and humbled lately by some things that Cole has said or done.
The other day he was playing with his toys in the back seat. Most of the time, I wasn’t really paying attention to what he was making his toys say, but one thing caught my attention. One toy was telling another toy, “Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.” The other toy was saying “OK. Thank you God. Thank you God.” Are scriptures what come to our mind so easily? Are gratitude and other biblical qualities what we practice and teach?
We were at ChickFilA, and Cole saw these boxes sitting on the ledge behind the condiments and silverware. He asked me what they were, and I explained that people were going to put toys in those boxes to send to kids who don’t have any toys. He looked at me and quickly said “I have toys.” I said “Yeah you do have toys buddy.” At this point I just thought he meant that he wouldn’t be getting one of those boxes. Then he said “So I need to have a box to send my toys to those kids too.” I mean- sweetest heart ever- right? If we all were so eager to give to those in need and so quick to forget about ourselves and act unselfishly.
At lunch time recently, I asked who wanted to pray. Cole said he did and, when someone else voiced that they didn’t want to this time, Cole said (with a face of astonishment) “Why? God would love it if you would talk to Him.” So many lessons from this one. What a wonderful reminder of what a loving, gracious Father we have who has set up such a unique thing like prayer just so we can be in a relationship with Him. Also a reminder that we should be talking to Him on all occasions and with joy and thankfulness for the opportunity to pray.
Finally, I was cooking supper and heard one of children books that plays church songs playing in the living room. I peak in, and Cole has gotten the book, sat down by Jordan, and is singing her the songs on each page. He might not know all the words to all the songs, but he knew the point of them and his singing was full of love and sweetness. Oh to praise God with such love and adoration. Here is a quick video I managed before getting caught.
SO thankful for the blessing of lessons learned from children. Praying for my heart to become more innocent and pure each day. Also praying fervently that God continues to grow this love for Him in the hearts of both my children.

1 comment:
chaussures Louis Vuitton femmes low heels
chaussures Nike Gladiateur Mid femmes
Accessories & jewelry
Accessoires Sac louis vuitton
Boite de produit
boucle chanel
boucle juicy
boucle louis vuitton
boucle vivienne
bracelet chanel
bracelet juicy
bracelet links
bracelet louis vuitton
bracelet vivienne
collier chanel
collier juicy
collier louis vuitton
collier vivienne
main bracelet chanel
Porte cles chanel
Porte cles louis vuitton
Post a Comment