Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

18 months!

DSCN5240

So unbelievable saying that my baby is 1 and a 1/2!  I seriously cannot believe how fast the time has gone.  Jordan is such a joy, has such a personality, and can light up a room!  I love this little girl beyond what words can describe and am so thankful for the blessing of being her momma! 

First off I’ll start with her doctor’s appointment this morning.  Isn’t she just the cutest little naked thing you have ever seen?!?!  Funny thing was she wouldn’t let me take her bow out.  She was fine to be naked… just let the girl keep her bow!  She weighed a whopping 20 lbs 2 oz (3%), is 30 1/2 in long (10%), and her head circumference is 25%.  All those sweet brains!

EAC188ED-4F71-49DD-99E2-0146FFD8076461736935-B37F-42A9-9311-9EE091A2E6FE

She has added a few new words to her vocabulary this month.  The first one that comes to mind is CANDY!  Next would probably be Yum, Yum!  Halloween did a number on us!  She also says chip and mine.  Not totally crazy about this list so far now that I think about it.  Haha.  She says home, phone, play, and I have noticed lately when she watches Dora that she says Dora, Boots, map, and backpack.  She says asleep and ssshhh!  Another one she has said forever, but I don’t know if I have thought to post is uh-huh.  She says this instead of yes.  And she says it all the time.  I know that there are so many more that she has added this month, but that is at least some of them.  Seriously she really is just a little parrot.  She tries to say everything that we say.

She is getting more and more independent.  She wants to feed herself (and wants her food to look like Cole’s- i.e., not cut up).  She wants to go down the stairs standing up here lately.  Very scary!  She helps you when you are getting her dressed now and will stick her arms in and stuff.  It’s the little things that make you realize how big they are getting.  She loves to carry her drink and Cole’s drink into the living room in the mornings.  She always wants to help throw anything away.  She also has a newfound fascination with flushing the potty for you. 

This is still our picture face so as you can imagine, I try really hard to catch her natural smile instead of her cheese.

DSCN5239

Like I said, this girl has personality.  She is getting sillier and sillier.  Probably because she imitates her big brother so much, but she really comes up with some pretty funny stuff on her own.

A2FC0B04-0CC1-4A71-8BDE-4B6F71F569D1

Some of the latest funny things that I can think of are how she wants so badly to go potty.  She will pull her shirt up, walk right up to the potty, all the while saying “potty, potty,” and then do a standing hip thrust at the toilet.  Obviously she has not been watching Mommy potty…  She also LOVES to hide.  She runs as fast as she can behind a door or chair whispering “hide, hide.”  She also loves to spin around in a circle.  She thinks it is so funny.  (Em- I know, I know… that could be a sensory thing.  Haha.)  And if she gets you laughing, it is even funnier. 

This next picture is not quite the expression I want to capture, but close.  The picture has a little too much of a smile and her eyes aren’t quite wide enough to be right.  She has started doing a surprised face where she makes her eyes REALLY big and opens her mouth wide open.  It is ADORABLE.  I mean so cute.  Unfortunately I really think that it came about because of the look I give her when I am getting on to her.  She will scream out in the car, and when I look back at her, she does that face.  She will throw her food down, and when I look at her, she does that face.  I realized she is mimicking me raising my eyebrows at her.  Still cute.  Haha.

DSCN5223

She loves to be outside and really loves to swing.  Oh- here’s a new word for her too… HIGH!  She says it over and over when you are swinging her.  And she means it too!  Her biggest smiles are when she is going high!

DSCN5225

She has no fear.  I mean this girl may not have followed the traditional “have to keep up with the big siblings” when it came to walking early, but she definitely has when it comes to playing.  She LOVES to climb up any playground and will crawl all around in the top of them.  She is not scared at all to come down the slides by herself either.  Her only problem is that she is still a tad bit too short for some of the steps.  Luckily she has a super sweet big brother.  (Side note- Cole is so funny at the end of this video… I think he has been watching a little too much Dora, and I’m pretty sure he is confused on his Spanish.  Makes for a great laugh though.)

She has mastered our little playset at home though for sure!

Our pediatrician gave us a handout today that basically said that just like there are teenage years, there are also teenage months.  I believe it!  She can throw quite the fit and act pretty ugly when she wants to.  We are working on being sweet and minding quite diligently these days!  If these months are any forewarning, I worry the teenage years will be a lot of pushing the limits and a very messy room!  However, for all her little fits, I will say that when she is sweet, she is the sweetest thing!  I wish I could record how she says “momma.”  She will randomly just say it over and over in the sweetest little voice and give me kisses.  Oh- melt my heart!  Also I love rocking her.  She is so cuddly.  She has also just recently started wanting her blanket over her while we rock.  I don’t know if she will end up a blankie girl or not, but it makes for some really sweet snuggles right now anyway. 

So thankful for another month with our sweet girl and praying for many, many more.