Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!!!

We had the best trip to Naples, FL for our anniversary.  It was definitely just what we needed, and we enjoyed every minute.  You know it’s been a good trip when you feel refreshed and ready to come back home at the end of it.  Missing our sweet babies might have had a little to do with that, but it really was the perfect getaway.

Here are a few pictures of the house we stayed in.  It was wonderful, and we were definitely spoiled!

P1200942P1200943P1200944P1200845P1200839P1200840P1200841P1200842

Our own heated pool and hot tub!

P1200843

Dinner our first night at a restaurant called Pinchers.  It was right on the bay which was pretty cool.  It was also part of place called Tin City that had several little shops to walk around.

P1200846P1200848P1200850P1200992P1200993

After dinner, Murray challenged me to a tackiest outfit contest… It was close (especially with that nasty alligator claw necklace), but he said I won.  Winking smile

Photo8981215111822-01P1200851

On our actual anniversary, we decided to brave the Everglades and headed south to go on a kayak tour.  I don’t know why I didn’t think about how scary this actually was before we got there, but being that close to BIG alligators in a tiny kayak was a little unnerving- especially since my previous kayaking experience didn’t leave me with much confidence in my kayak skills!  It worked out fine though… we saw a lot of cool things, didn’t get eaten by alligators, and were still on good terms when it was over.  I will say that Murray was pretty funny because anytime we came near an alligator, he would tell me to put my paddle in the boat and just let him do it.  Haha.

P1200857P1200858P1200860P1200869P1200871P1200888P1200902P1200910P1200920P1200921P1200924P1200937

We got back in time to nap, clean up, and head out to an incredible steak restaurant!  It was so delicious and such a great way to end our night and 5 years of marriage together!  They even went to the trouble to have white roses there for me like my wedding bouquet!  JK, but I told myself that anyway.  Winking smile

P1200945P1200947

Isn’t he so cute?!?!

P1200949

Random, AMAZING sand castle on the side of the road.

P1200950

We went down to visit the Naples Pier.  It was such a cool place and wonderful weather! 

P1200951P1200952P1200953P1200954P1200966P1200989

We saw dolphins…

P1200961

pelicans catching fish…

P1200971P1200972P1200975

and a random guy who must have thought he was in Jersey (check out that hair!)…

P1200990

Like I said before, it was a wonderful trip and just enough time away.  It did help a little bit that we needed to get back to watch Cole play Toddler Jesus in the nativity play at church Sunday morning!  He did so good and looked so cute!

401157_2776878188558_1456212093_2810816_1109569423_n

Thanks again to my sweet Momma for taking such good care of our kiddos so that we could relax and not worry about them!

P1210006

Also BIG thank you for having Cole potty trained when we came back… I was just kidding when I put that in a previous post, but it came true!  Cole has been in big boy underwear for over 2 weeks now!!! I had asked Mom to talk to him a lot about being Toddler Jesus so he would be ready for Sunday, and they apparently talked about how he would have used the potty and not a diaper like Baby Jesus.  Cole decided that he needed to use the potty and wear big boy underwear then.  So thank you Momma & thank you to those in charge of the church play who asked him to be Toddler Jesus… it changed our lives more than you can imagine!  Haha.

P1210010

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful trip! So glad yall were able to get away for a few days and had wonderful help with the kids...and good job Cole!!
love~

P.S. I think Murray just liked seeing you in those daisy dukes for the tacky contest :)

Adrienne said...

Way to go Nonny! I'm sure that was exciting news when you got home :) Looks like y'all had a blast! Loved reading all your new posts. You've got one sweet family!