I got to dress up and feel like a princess, be surrounded by wonderful friends and family, eat delicious food, receive thoughtful gifts and words of advice, and most importantly say “I DO!” to my best friend in the whole world! What a seriously incredible blessing of a day!
Hard to believe we have been married for five years, but I guess when I really think about all the places we have been and things we have done, it makes sense. We have lived in Chicago, survived crazy snowstorms (& even walked to McDonalds for hot fudge sundaes in one), learned to take care of tiny, sick babies, loved our dog like a child, figured out how to live on a budget, become a doctor (crazy that he is Dr. Butler!!!), moved to Louisville, had the smartest and most precious baby boy ever, become homeowners, made amazing friends, been challenged and grown spiritually, made it through tough call days/weeks/months , had the prettiest and most special baby girl ever, and SO much more that I am leaving out.
More important than all the places we have been, friends we have made, things we have done, we are truly more in love with each other and happier than ever. Not to say that we don’t annoy each other sometimes or are always patient or that things have been easy the entire time, but we are committed to trying to serve each other better every day, to love each other more deeply every day, and to keep laughing with each other all the time.
I have been blessed beyond measure with this amazing Christian man I call my husband, and I truly thank God for him MANY times daily.
To celebrate our anniversary, we were supposed to go snowskiing in Snowshoe, WV, but due to the crazy warm weather there, we had to cancel our trip the day before we were supposed to leave. We didn’t know where we would go or what we would do instead, but once again God provided for us so, with less than 24 hours notice, we swapped out our snow gear for bathing suits and are spending our anniversary in NAPLES, FL!!! We are pumped about this trip and acted like silly kids all morning in the airport! Special thanks to my mom for keeping our sweet babies for us, to Murray’s attending for so graciously offering his house to us when he heard about our previous plans being cancelled, and to my dad for the frequent flyer points that are getting us there. Definitely will be following up when we get home with a post full of stories and pictures of our fun, but for now, I’m going to enjoy my kid-free, adult-only time with my wonderful husband!!!
PS- Jordan: You are so close to crawling forward, and, even though I will be really excited and proud of you, you will be in some trouble if you start in these 3 days that I am gone!!!
Cole: You are more than welcome to be potty-trained when I come back. You will not be in trouble AT ALL for that!!!

3 comments:
Good ole Highland Street...sweet post. I'm so happy for y'all that you got to go on this trip! And I'm laughing at your notes to Jordan and Cole :)
Visit my Blog:
http://mohsinkerai.blogspot.com/
Follow it of you like... !! :)
You'll find Experiences, Tips, Latest Technological Updates and Much more..
I am so happy to see of your family.Hotel information.
Post a Comment