Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

7 Months & Growing!

P1200710

Baby Girl is getting so BIG!  I think I start every monthly update that way, but it’s true!  I would say the biggest changes this month are her mobility and her eating. 

Much to her frustration sometimes, she still is not crawling forward (occasionally does lunge forward though) but can cross the room in a second scooting backward.  Murray calls her his little lobster since they crawl backward.  Haha.  She is up on all fours and rocking, but moving forward instead of backward just hasn’t clicked. 

The other day I had to finish up something in the kitchen so I left Jordan in her carseat (not buckled in) in the middle of the living room watching tv with Cole.  Up until this point, she has always sat there perfectly content. This time however I came back in to check on them and had a slight moment of panic when she was no where in the room.  I said- Cole, where’s Sissy?  He said- In there.  I walked around the corner, and she grinned up at me from inside the bathroom.  For those of you who don’t know our house at all, that’s crazy!  Not only did she get out of the carseat by herself, she scooted backward out of the living room, through the hallway, and into the bathroom.  Silly girl! 

P1200603P1200602

She has finally been eating better too.  We switched to actual baby food cereal instead of the boxed rice cereal that I was mixing up, and it seems to have done the trick.  Guess she has a picky palate.  Winking smile  So far this month we have introduced and she eats rice cereal, oatmeal, carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes.  The greens come next so we will see how that goes.  For now, she eats baby food 2-3 times a day.  She still really has to be interested to eat, but, if you catch her when she is hungry, you won’t be able to shovel it in fast enough! 

P1200577

She and Cole have become even bigger buddies lately.  He has been so sweet sharing toys with her, and she has had so much fun chewing on them playing with them.  She gives him the best smiles and watches his every move!  Now that she can sit up so well, it is fun to watch them sitting together and playing.  Cole has to watch her little hands though because she is grabbing for him if he comes close enough!  Mommy also has to watch because there have already been several drinks/bowls knocked over by those quick fingers!

 P1200588P1200593

It was really nice out the other day so we stopped by a park to play for a while.  Jordan got to swing for the first time, and she LOVED it!  I mean she laughed, squealed, and smiled the entire time.  I really think she would have sat in that swing all day long.  I finally got her out, but I see lots of swinging in our future!  (Please ignore the missing sock… those things never stay on!)

Photo8811203111246-01

And finally, did you know she was already driving?!?!  Not really of course, but it will happen soon enough.  For now, just seeing her big enough to sit up in a grocery cart is crazy enough for me!  Sidenote- check out Cole shifting gears in this picture… he is so funny!

Photo879

Jordan really is the easiest baby!  If only she slept through the night, I would say she was perfect.  She is pretty close though.  Her smiles and sweet voice melt our hearts, and we are loving every minute we get with this precious little girl!  Happy 7 Months Sissy!

No comments: