Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First Haircut & Walking Outside

Murray has been wanting to cut Cole's hair for awhile, and I have to admit it did need it. He definitely had some wings on the side and quite long hair in the back. I was just nervous to take him somewhere and try to get him to hold still. Plus (call me Scrooge) I really didn't want to pay someone to trim off the little bit that needed trimming. Well, you would think if I were nervous about letting a professional do it, I would be even more nervous about doing it ourselves, but nevertheless, we did it! It's a little higher above the ears than I would have liked and probably not exactly straight, but I think he looks cute as ever. So here are the pictures... judge for yourself. =)
The before shot...

Scary- huh??

The end result...

No complaints from Cole!!!

Cole and I played outside for a while this afternoon, and I was SO impressed with how he was walking. He was all over the place, and he didn't crawl anywhere! I think having to have his knees drag on the sidewalk or getting cut grass all over his hands was motivation to avoid crawling and just stand back up when he would fall.
So proud of himself!

I seriously wonder sometimes just how big he thinks he is... carrying a gun taller than he is around the yard!

This is a longer video, but check out how far he walks and how controlled he is! It's just crazy to me.

Seeing him walk around makes me so proud, but it is the weirdest thing too! I can't describe how strange it is to see my "baby" just walk into the kitchen looking for me. For those of you that read this who have little ones younger than Cole, trust me when I say they will be walking before you know it so enjoy your cuddle time now!!! =)

2 comments:

Lydia Tignor said...

I know what you mean! I already feel like Cooper is growing up too fast. People always say that time flies, but you don't realize it until you have one of your one. Cole is so handsome with his new haircut!

Audra Laney said...

His hair looks great! Good job, mom & dad! It IS nice to trim those little edges for free. And you'll get even better at it. I usually ended up putting Drew in the highchair for snacktime and cutting it then. That way he had some entertainment and he was in one spot for the trimming. :)