aaahhh... love a sleeping baby!
One of our stops was at Chicfila... I got lucky because this one had a special toddler treehouse. He loved it, and it was a great way to stretch out after being in the car.
Checking out the world...
Mom... do you see the size of this butterfly?!?!
At last! The Chicago skyline! I have to admit, I don't miss the traffic, but I do miss some of the views. And I definitely miss my awesome girls there! It was so nice to spend a few days hanging out and catching up with them! I really couldn't have asked for a better trip!
One of the main reasons we went was to visit with my friend Gina and her sweet new baby girl Paige.
Cole was so cute with her. He was really good about being gentle and actually wasn't too jealous about mommy holding another baby.
Kisses for Paige... since we still open-mouth kiss, we avoided the face!
We stayed with my good friend Kelly. She was getting in some early morning cuddle time with Cole.
Cole's first time trying a Potbelly's sandwich. It was a hit!
And of course an Oreo shake!
After lunch Kelly, Cole, and I headed to a park. Cole did have fun swinging and going down the slide, but he was really glad that the little girl who came let him borrow her car. Haha.
Cole sharing his books with Kelly.
Excited that I told him we were heading to the zoo to meet Katie.
He was so distracted by the MILLIONS of kids running around.
Katie... I have someplace really fun to show you...
The playground!
If only, I were a little taller!
He really enjoyed the Chicago-style pizza, but he didn't really know what to think about he fried zucchini!
On our way home, we made a pit-stop somewhere way better than chicfila... great grandma & grandpa's! Cole was very excited to see them!
My grandpa made a toybox for me when I was little so we asked him to make Cole one for his big birthday coming up. Isn't it awesome?
I think he likes it!
He definitely didn't mind being the center of attention for a while.
And they definitely didn't mind seeing his sweet smiles!
It was a great week, but we were both SO happy to get home and see Daddy. We surprised him by showing up at the hospital in between his surgeries. Cole didn't want to let him out of his sight! We are ready for some Daddy time now that we have all our traveling out of the way so we are keeping our fingers crossed that nobody in Louisville breaks any bones this weekend! =)

No comments:
Post a Comment