Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 1, 2010

Mommy & Me Day!

My friend Liz had a great idea to organize a Mommy & Me Day at the church building for a few first-time moms to get together. It was a great time! Our kids loved playing with toys they weren't used to AND each other of course. And the mommies loved watching their babies play happily and getting to talk about the joys, stresses, basically life of a first-time mom. Here are some fun pictures from our morning!

Dumping out all the blocks!

Wow... bubbles!

Crawling through the tunnel to mommy!


Or a block! ;)

Everyone had to have a sippy cup.

Time for some fun songs!

And more bubbles!

Love that boy! All smiles! And sweet Charlotte wondering what all these "big" kids were up to!


And, of course, I can't post without bragging on my ever changing genius! ;) Here are videos of some new tricks.

He LOVES to squeal now... all the time. Not sure if this trick qualifies as something that takes a lot of brain power, but it's new and hilarious (if we aren't in church!).

He has also figured out how to "fake" laugh. The best is when he starts doing this because everyone else in the room is laughing. He just wants to be a part of things!

He has started waving by opening and closing his hand. Sometimes he waves to himself, and, when he gets really excited, he will wave his whole arm. I think it's so sweet when he does it with his hand.

Last but not least, in the car this morning, Cole started playing peek-a-boo with me all by himself. I usually have to pull the blanket up and down, but today he did it all by himself in the backseat. I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to get him doing it on video, but, when we were getting back in the carseat to come back home, he was a good sport and let me capture it. I was so excited that he could do it on his own and that I got to record it.

No comments: