Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 8, 2010

How did this happen?


I couldn't believe it when I walked in and saw him standing up in his crib Saturday! I know a lot of my pregnant friends look at this, and I know you have all heard it before, but enjoy EVERY minute because it truly does fly by. I know there were times that I thought the sleepless nights, bad naps, crying, etc. would never end (and sometimes we still have bad days/nights), but it will be over before you know it! Murray's mom sent me a book this week... warning to new moms (or moms in general)- it will make you cry! It's called "Let Me Hold You Longer," and it goes along with this post so here are a few lines:

"Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away and leave me to your past,
And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts...
The last time that I held a bottle to your baby lips.
The last time that I lifted you and held you on my hip.
The last night when you woke up crying and needing to be walked,
When last you crawled up with your blanket wanting to be rocked.
The last time when you ran to me, still small enough to hold.
The last time that you said you'd marry me when you grew old.
Precious, simple moments and bright flashes from your past-
Would I have held on longer if I'd known they were your last?"


On a less serious note... I think Spring may actually be here! Cole and I have been loving the nice weather lately and the chance to be outside.

And of course we love our Daddy time!

This was our 2nd day of Mommy & Me, and Cole was happy about it!

He just pulls up to his knees to play all the time now... so big! Stuff like this makes him seem like a little boy now. I can't believe it.

We played outside on the church playground. The sun was a little bright! =)

I love this picture! We are so blessed to have other little ones Cole's age for him to get to play with.

Cole's turn to slide!

Group shot... amazing that we got them to all stay in one spot for long enough AND to actually look!

No comments: