We are finally on our own as a family of 5. Mom stayed the nights with us through Wednesday, but I had the 3 kids during the days and the last 2 nights on my own/with Murray. So far so good! We managed getting Cole to day school, a grocery trip, a doctor’s visit, a couple meals out, and we even made it to Breakfast with Santa this morning (that post still to come…). Life has slowed down drastically, but that’s not all bad. It definitely makes more time for sweet snuggles!
The kids have seen me doing a lot of this lately and asked to hold Hayes on their bellies too…
Look at this little bit! You can barely even see him on the pillow! I know Cole and Jordan were this tiny too, but it is so hard to remember!
Love all the funny facial expressions at this age. Happy, sad, mad, flirty in about 5 seconds!
Another sweet big sister moment… just randomly came over to give him eskimo kisses or as my kids call it “noses.”
Now these moments were staged, but still super sweet!!!
We have also tried to do some fun at home activities. We have played play-do, pretended a ton, and here was a craft project. The first picture were foot turkeys… Cole’s became a little more abstract, but he had fun. The second picture was their free paint… Cole made a reindeer, and this was Jordan’s time to be abstract.
I won’t lie… this is a whole new level of busy! The kids are all doing well I think overall, but we have had moments where I can tell the big 2 are stir crazy and extra hyper or where Hayes has been crying and ready to eat while I am cleaning up a mess because Jordan made it to the bathroom but unfortunately not onto the potty in time or I basically feel like a walking pee/spit-up/snot rag. Haha. That being said, I am glad to be trying to figure out our new normal and am honestly loving the crazy… most of the time.

No comments:
Post a Comment