Cole has been asking for a while now to be able to make a big pile of leaves to jump in. I’m not exactly sure where he got the idea for this, but he has been stuck on it! I mean, to the point that the last time our yard was mowed, Cole started crying when he saw all the leaves were gone. Luckily Daddy was quick on his feet explaining how there were many more leaves still to fall and that the ones that were gone had lots of pokey things mixed in with them that would have hurt had we jumped on them. (For the skeptics out there, it’s really true because we have a chestnut tree that all the chestnuts- which are surrounded by a spiny ball thing- had fallen.) Anyway… today Cole asked again, and we had the best time! First Cole raked a pile for Jordan who waited patiently eating her sucker until Cole said it was time to jump.
There actually is a little pile there, and I wish I had a better angle on their faces because Jordan has a huge, excited smile, and Cole has the sweetest smile as he watches her have fun. Jordan doesn’t know how lucky she is to have such an amazing big brother!
Then Jordan had a turn raking which didn’t last too long, but she did say she was working hard. Haha. Love the look on her face!
Finally, I took a turn with the rake and made a “humongous” pile for them. Ready, Set, Jump!
Wasn’t long until Cole’s imagination took over, and they began baking me a birthday cake…
I love this video for so many reasons, but, right at the end, listen for Jordan to say “Cole, are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Cracked me up!
Happy Birthday to me!
Raining leaves! Cole loved/hated it! Haha.
And then he just couldn’t resist…
But she can take care of herself… girl had him in a choke hold! Haha!
After he got away, I showed them how they could be buried in the leaves.
Which became really funny as I was trying to get a cute picture of them because they decided to attack me with leaves!
We had a long game of chase. I hope I never forget those smiles and giggles! They thought it was SO funny!
We finished up our fun with one more pile to jump in…
All that playing wore them out!
I do have to add this one even though it isn’t a leaf picture. The other day, Cole said “Hey, Daddy! Look at this tall grass!” As Cole was reaching to touch it, Murray says “That’s not grass buddy. Those are onions.” At which point, Cole jerked his hand back so quickly, you would have thought Murray had told him it was a poisonous snake. Haha. Murray tried and tried to get him to touch them, but Cole would not. Murray was pretty defeated, saying that we had “cityfied” Cole. Well, here you go Daddy! He picked a BUNCH today and was so proud. Not all city boy after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment