We visited the Germantown library for the first time last Friday. We went for their Tree House Tales, and it was so fun! We met up with a bunch of our friends there too which made it even better. The kids had to pretend to climb up in a treehouse and then listened to several stories, watched puppets, sang songs, and did silly dances! We will definitely be going back for this next time. Here are Cole and Landon checking out the pirate ship before story time began. Jordan was trying hard to peek out of that third window, but poor girl wasn’t quite tall enough.
She sat on the floor with the big kids for a good part of the time. The rest of the time she sat in my lap and told me all the noises the animal puppets made.
Cole has a lot of practice with silly dances. Love his facial expressions in this video… too cute!
Afterward, the firetruck was a popular spot! In between fighting fires, I managed to capture a couple pictures of Firefighter Cole, Firefighter Taryn, and Firefighter Case (and even Firefighter Jordan)!
Could she be any cuter?!?!
Taryn and Cole are big buddies. She is in his class at church and school, and he was sure excited that she was with us at the library!
Banana snack for my two monkeys! I don’t know why I thought this was so cute, but I did.
Cole had Teddy Bear day at school last week too. In honor of National Teddy Bear day, all the kids in his class brought in their teddy bears. They read the book “Going on a Bear Hunt” and then they really did all go hunt for their bears. Cole told me that some were pretty sneaky! His was hiding on the table where the computer is which he thought was silly. I love hearing about his days at school- even if it is like pulling teeth to get any details already!
And who doesn’t love a cave made out of tents? Cole was still feeling the “bear” theme when he got home so we made a cave to play and sleep in.
We read in our ChickFilA Berenstein Bear book about Mama Bear putting raisins in the shape of a smiley face in Brother Bear’s cereal so I decided to recreate that for Cole. He was so excited! Times like this that I love being a mom!
Cole decided to dress himself the other day after his bath. He was so proud. Funny thing was when I showed him this picture, the only thing he said was “Aw, I hadn’t brushed my hair yet.” Forget that his clothes couldn’t be more mismatched… Haha.
How I found my basket of folded laundry waiting to be carried upstairs… Cole needed the basket to use as a shower. Makes sense.
Love these two snuggle bugs in the morning!
Wendy’s has Where’s Waldo games as the kids’ meal toy right now. We got this great guessing game and had so much fun playing it. I’m telling you, playing with a 3 year old is priceless! He got better with his clues for me, but when we started it went something like this… Cole- “It’s white, has a cone, and looks like ice cream.” Me- “Hmmm… Ice cream cone?” Cole- “Yep. You got it!” Haha.
And finally, what did we hear this afternoon but the ice cream truck! I don’t know who was more excited, me or the kids. Cole was pretty pumped though and even Jordan was squealing! Cole picked out the “superhero,” and I got a fudge pop for Jordan. Definitely a hit!

No comments:
Post a Comment