Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Last Year of My 20’s!

I had my 29th birthday the end of August.  It was a really great birthday!  The kids woke me up by bringing me the presents Murray took them to pick out on their own at Dollar Tree.  LOVED hearing the reasons Cole had for the stuff he picked.  First here they are blowing their “horns” and playing me a birthday song…

And here is the assortment of presents…  My favorite Cole quote when asked why he wanted to get me ziploc bags- “Mom likes to make me sandwiches.”  Haha.

birthday1

We met up with one of my oldest and sweetest friends and her kids to have a playdate at the pool.  The kids did great, and we had beautiful weather.  I don’t know how I didn’t end up with more pictures.  Guess maybe it had something to do with trying to keep up with 2 in the water on my own!  Here is the only one I have, and it’s not even from in the pool.  Jordan had a big time in this mud puddle Cole and Kate created.

93BA0C9E-3DE2-47A2-B222-C9AACA5D0271

My kids took really long naps that afternoon and then I had some time with the kids and Murray before girls’ bible study that night.  Murray even surprised me and had taken cupcakes to one of the girls to bring to bible study.  It really was a wonderful day and a great start to the last year of my 20’s.

God let me enjoy my birthday before the plague hit our house.  Haha.  Literally just a little after midnight, I got the stomach virus and was up all.night.long!  Jordan and Cole both ended up with it too so we pretty much postponed all further celebrations and social interactions for the rest of the week.  Everyone is feeling much better now.  Thank goodness!  One weird thing is that, last year on my birthday, Cole had the stomach virus.  Praying next year’s birthday will be stomach bug free!

No comments: