Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Before I’m behind again…

Just thought I would post a few pictures taken over the last week or so.  All are pretty random, but we have a fun weekend planned, which will be the source of many pictures and stories I’m sure, so I don’t want to get behind!  I have started typing up all of Murray’s patient notes (saves us money, something I can do at home to help, monopolizes my blogging time! haha.) so I have to take the opportunities to post when they come!  To start, here are some pictures from the past weekend.  Murray and I went to a multi-congregation young adult retreat.  I guess we still qualify for young adult?  Anyway, Mimi and PopPop were awesome to keep the kids for us.  I could tell from the text pictures I got from them that the kids had a blast!  Jordan was pretty much a Mimi’s girl from what I understand, but Cole definitely made the rounds with everyone!  They went to a tailgate party and the football game, (By the way, Cole has been pretending to call Collin and Kenneth all week on the phone… so cute!  You boys are definitely being looked up to!)

227858_4634375741291_1863542752_n308001_4634375581287_531128478_n

played with cousins, 

C9057094-9D82-4014-9E28-09B0E308CEED

made a trip to the Heritage Festival,

61FAF604-8A82-4257-A199-E26603EDE0C0072B2227-A90E-4238-A8C6-03E0F3BF09FE

played a lot,

A6775A87-901B-4BD7-A17F-D8727ED35328

and I am pretty sure wore themselves and  Mimi and PopPop out!

97BD34BA-C24A-46D3-81C6-F9B645E05AFE

They even stayed an extra night so that Murray and I could have a date night.  We went to the Melting Pot (where we got engaged over 6 years ago) and celebrated 11 years together (1st date was 9/28/2001)!  It was so yummy, but the company was my favorite part for sure!

3FF62E36-B6DC-4859-8BF3-E4394EB7E8B537AF996E-A26D-4E8B-B878-732A2D405746993E80F3-8B34-4108-9192-8959CC9B87CD

As nice as some adult only time with friends and each other was this weekend, I have to tell ya that I was MISSING my babies!  We had a great time being all together again and even got a little silly at dinner (check out the straws Cole put in my hair)…

910185C9-917C-4063-AE33-99637C8D7CC3

Happy to be home!

A095266E-CEC7-4383-B5E3-CC86F6E7E1AB

In other news… not to give away our awesome Halloween surprise, but I found a really precious lamb costume at Highland’s consignment sale.  I bought it hoping I would find some other coordinating outfit for Cole.  Luckily Target had this cute (and cheap) cow costume.  Cole seems excited about it…

31324214-C00E-41FA-9B1C-BA44CC35EE1B

But Jordan is quite obsessed with it.  She was mooing like crazy!  I finally had to hide it.  Haha. 

8E5D4E40-8701-43B6-ABBF-04861E71FDB0

Also, my sweet, smart school boy is just getting so big.  He counts at least to 20, recognizes all numbers 1-10 (maybe more), recognizes all his letters, and really has gotten into tracing letters.  He has this cool dinosaur dry erase book and works in it constantly.  I have been really impressed with how well he traces!  The letters are not that big so it really takes a lot of fine motor skill and coordination!

8E30AF81-2B7F-40CA-AE2F-4C52E8C78DD205024611-5CA7-4C1C-8815-83923F9DEA9D

He also still loves to read!  Some books he knows pretty much from memory, but for others, that we read less frequently, he will make up the story based on the pictures.  Those are my favorite ones to hear!  He is just getting so big.  All the time Murray and I are amazed at his thought process, his comprehension, his humor, his sweetness, and on and on the list goes.  Love this boy so much!

F6AC5CC6-12EA-4C92-908E-388EE00D9AB6

Finally, to finish my random post, Tuesday was my sweet momma’s birthday!  I made plans to meet her after picking Cole up from school.  I told Cole before school that we were going to see Nonny when I picked him up because it was her birthday!  He was really excited and immediately decided we needed to take birthday cake.  That worked fine because Jordan and I were headed to the grocery while he was at school anyway.  Jordan picked Curious George cupcakes over Winnie the Pooh ones, and we were set.  The kids were super excited to see Nonny and to give her the cards they had made and, of course, the cupcakes! 

DSCN4708

I think Nonny may have had a bite or two, but guess who ate most the cupcakes?  Haha.

DSCN4709DSCN4710

We love you very much Nonny and are so glad we got to celebrate your birthday with you! (And for more reasons than just licking icing off cupcakes- we promise!)

DSCN4711

No comments: