Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, September 13, 2012

16 Months Old

50A3F601-163F-40C7-A4AB-AE87420F1743

I can’t believe it’s time for another monthly update!  I have deliberately been putting off this post because it is going to take me a while!  Jordan has changed so much this past month.  It is just crazy.  She is very much leaving the baby stage and becoming a little toddler!  This month has brought about the complete change from crawling to walking. She crawls no more.  I still cannot get used to her just turning a corner and walking into a room.  She really even runs sometimes when she is trying to catch Cole or when she is trying to escape from the “tickle monster” (aka Daddy).  Here she is just walking through the door when I call her.

Unfortunately, with all our big walking has also come our first boo-boo.  She is one tough cookie though!

DSCN4623DSCN4624

This month also brought the big carseat change.  She is FINALLY out of her infant carseat.  Haha.  Poor baby.  I’m honestly not sure if she likes it better or not.  I think she could see Cole better before, and now that she can see us, I think she is just annoyed that we won’t get her out.  She is really not that bad.  Actually she is great as long as she can have her “Pa.” 

0A3C82DA-9357-4AB3-84C4-C98EA12D28B2

For those of you wondering what a “pa” is, it's how Jordan asks for her pacifier.  She has started talking so much more this past month.  Her little vocabulary is expanding more and more each day- especially if Cole asks her to say something.  She will try to repeat anything he asks her to.  So far her words (that I can think of right now) are pa, Cole, Momma, Dada, ball, truck, cheese, hot, no, uh-huh, yeah, please, thank you, diaper, hat, bow, eye, bye-bye, hop, cold (followed by brrrr), bath, rock, and play.  A couple other random ones are backpack (thanks to the Dora cartoon and Cole starting school) and cupcake.  The girl loves her sweets.  Haha. 

Speaking of loving sweets… the other day while Cole was at school, I was folding clothes in the living room.  I reached for the McDonald’s coke I had left sitting on the coffee table.  It was gone as was Jordan.  I found them both in the kitchen.  By the way, I forgot to mention another favorite word of hers is “Coke.”  What have I created?!?!?

F017819B-82A2-467E-9C9E-D029FA4A28048DA239F5-2BE7-413A-A36F-826B969445BF94CD973C-02F3-47A8-A9A9-AE7DF747CDC4

Those pictures made me remember one other word that she says.  After she had chugged quite a bit of my coke, she burped a couple times, and, both times, she said in her high, little voice “scuse me.”  So cute!

Lately she has really gotten an interest in books and reading.  I think it is the sweetest thing when she walks up and brings me a book.  I’ll be honest, there isn’t much that I won’t stop doing to take the time to read that sweet face a book!  She is also getting good about looking at books on her own too though.  She is just too big!

Another thing that has changed a lot is her comprehension.  I already thought that she was comprehending so much, and she was, but now it’s just on a whole new level.   She follows basically any command, knows where everything is in our house, and can actually be quite helpful.  Smile 

Her play has gotten so much “bigger” too.  She is getting to where she pretends and can play with you more.  Here she is playing with her baby doll.  I am just amazed at her.

One of my favorite games that she has started playing with Cole is Hide-and-Seek.  It is so cute to watch them run and hide when they hear that garage door open and know Daddy will soon be coming in to find them.  Even Jordan comes up with really great hiding spots- behind the door, in a closet, under a bed.  She may not stay hidden for long, but she loves playing!  Here they are hiding in a laundry basket.  They may have had some help with this one.  Winking smile

DSCN4473

I am glad that she still finds regular peek-a-boo fun too though.  I can’t have her totally grown up yet!

She has the best belly laugh and has a great sense of humor to go with it.  Although sometimes it’s not so funny… she pulled the mess out of my hair the other day, and, when I said “ouch!” she died laughing.  Of course that made me laugh so she wanted to do it over and over.  Also, lately it is so funny when I pull out the camera.  She says “cheeeeeeese” and gives the goofiest grin.  Proof…

DSCN4566

Sweet girl- no matter how big you get, you will always be my baby!  And I hope you never forget that we all love you SO much!

No comments: