Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

15 Months Old!

DSCN4025

So obviously our biggest accomplishment this month is that she has started standing alone, taking steps, and doing more and more walking!  We are so beyond excited.  I was starting to think the day may never come.  Although now, I am a little sad because it does make her seem older to be walking.  Haha.  I’m never satisfied.  She however, is SO proud of herself.  I love watching her.  She has even managed to get herself back to a standing position without pulling up on something several times now too so I now that full-time walking is coming soon!

She is so smart.  She doesn’t always communicate all she knows because we are still working on weaning off that paci, but when you catch her without it in her mouth(and in a cooperative mood), she can tell you tons of animal sounds: cow, duck, pig, horse, sheep, bear, dinosaur (haha), lion, rabbit (hop, hop), dog, cat, bird, etc.  Here she is showing off a few before she was off to other things…

She will occasionally say please and thank you with prompting and is good at hi/bye.  She also has said ball, bubble, and a few other words (hate to admit to some of them like “coke”) a couple times. She also knows where her eyes, nose, mouth, hands, feet, and belly are. 

She loves to sing!  Her current favorite is the Wheels on the Bus.  She will do the motions for the wheels going round and round, the people going up and down, the baby going wa-wa-wa, and sometimes the horn beeping.  She also still loves Happy and You Know It.  I don’t know why I haven’t yet, but the next song I want to teach her is the Itsy Bitsy Spider.  I think that she will love it!  One of my favorite things she does though is sing her sleepy song.  When she gets ready for a nap or bedtime, she will twirl that paci in her mouth and hum the sweetest little song!  Mmm, love her!

She is also really getting into reading books, but her favorite books to look at are photo books.  I will definitely be making more of these for her and Cole now because I find them both looking through the two I have sitting out all the time!  She also loves pointing out “Co” in all the pictures.  She obviously loves him the most because it is like pulling teeth to get her to say momma or dadda, but Cole comes out of her mouth ALL the time!

DSCN4038

Speaking of teeth, we now officially have 8 of them- 3 in front on top, 2 in front on bottom, 2 top molars, and 1 bottom molar.  A little snaggle-toothed, but cute as can be.  The top front ones are just starting to really show, but here is one picture where I caught them.

photo_3

She has been consistently sleeping through the night for about a month now.  She goes to bed around 8-8:30 and sleeps till 7:30-8:30.  She loves her sleep and would still prefer 2 naps a day most days!  So would I actually.  Just need to get Cole on board.  Haha.

We are entering the phase where I really need to start punishing her for not minding, but I hate when I have to because she (is quite dramatic) cries big crocodile tears and acts like I broke her little heart when I barely tap her hand and say no.  However, just this morning, I literally found myself in a yes/no battle with her.  She was messing with the blinds so I told her “No, No Jordan.”  She looked at me smiled and said “Ya" and then touched them again.  I said “No Mam!'”  Again, smiled, touched them, and said “Ya.”  It really is time.  Sorry baby girl!  I think we may have our work cut out for us with her!

It is becoming very obvious these days how much she watches and adores Cole.  All the time I hear or see her imitating something he has said or done.  In the car is the funniest because that is when he most often realizes she is copying him so he really plays it up.  He will have her clapping, making silly noises with her mouth, patting her legs, squealing, kicking her feet, you name it!  I’m glad that majority of the time he is a wonderful, sweet, and smart role model.  (Hopefully she will just ignore his crazy attempts to do a front tuck off his little kid card table… yes this really did happen, and yes I thank God that he is flexible and didn’t break his neck!)

I feel like this was a little disjointed, but I have had to keep stopping and coming back to it.  Basically I am loving this sweet, spunky, silly girl and enjoying watching her grow, learn, and change! 

Jordan- we love you so much, and as one of our favorite bedtime songs says “I’m so glad God put you in our family!”

No comments: