We have been trying to make the very most of our last few weeks in Louisville. We have been hanging out with friends, enjoying “See Ya Later” parties, and just doing Louisville stuff. Here are some pictures from the last few days. We spent a good part of the day on Thursday playing at our good friends’ pool. Cole loved being there with all the kids. Jordan LOVES the water. I loved time with friends, watching my kids play, and soaking up the sunshine!
Cole has no fear! I really am so proud of him, and I am SO grateful for his float! It’s awesome!
Cole and Jordan kept me company on my errands run the other day. They both were really good, but I could tell they were nearing the end of their patience with my to-do list so when Cole asked for a $1 bucket of mini oreos, I figured that was a pretty good investment. I knew Cole was eating them in the backseat, but I didn’t anticipate him reaching over and sharing them with Sissy. We had quite a big mess when we got home, but they were some happy kiddos! I love my messy little boogers!
Since we sold our house and Murray is not finished working in KY till the end of the month, we have some very awesome friends from church who are letting us stay with them. We are having a great time at Mr. Lyle’s and Mrs. Lynn’s house! Mr. Lyle even helped Cole make some delicious banana pancakes Saturday morning.
Sunday night our church family threw us a little going away party. It was so humbling to have so many people there, hear the kind things they said to us, and just feel truly loved by the people who have been our family here in Louisville. They have been there for us in so many different ways, and our time here with them has been such a blessing to us each individually and as a family. We are going to miss everyone greatly and are already looking forward to our first trip back to visit!
They gave us all some really thoughtful and special gifts. Jordan got a stuffed Kentucky Derby horse and the book “L is for Louisville.” Cole got a miniature Louisville Slugger bat and the book “The Big Bat.” Murray and I were given a beautiful suncatcher with the Louisville Fleur de Lis on it, some Kentucky bluegrass seed, a horseshoe, an address book, and some cute stationery.
We also were given this sweet plaque. Needless to say, it was all unexpected and very appreciated.
Today we all went to Louisville Stoneware to let the kids make some keepsakes. They both got to paint a plate with their handprint on it. Cole LOVED it and worked so seriously. Jordan actually figured out that she was supposed to be touching the paintbrush to the plate and did more than I thought she would. We had a great time, and I’m excited to see the plates once they are finished.
That’s my girl! Headed straight to the coke machine! Haha.
Checking out the Kentucky horse in the store.
We are trying to squeeze in several more fun Louisville activities before we leave so stay tuned…

No comments:
Post a Comment