Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

17 Months Old!

Where has the time gone? Each month just flies by faster and faster. Especially with the busy-ness of the holidays and everything. Cole is changing so much every day. I am constantly amazed at his comprehension, expanding vocabulary, imagination, and sense of humor. He loves to make people laugh and is such a good boy. Don't get me wrong... we definitely have our moments and the word "No" has definitely been added to his vocabulary, but overall we couldn't be more blessed with this sweet, smart boy!

This is his new favorite spot... he drags all kinds of toys under there, but this time I caught him working hard on his computer. So proud of himself!
Prime example of his imagination... one day he came into the living room to find me wearing his "hat" and insisted that I put on the other one. So funny!

His Daddy is one of the biggest reasons behind his sense of humor and imagination. It is so obvious why God designed family with 2 parents. We definitely both bring different strengths, and I am so glad that Cole gets to learn from his silly Daddy!

Today we finger painted, and Cole loved it. I wasn't sure how he would like it because he normally hates for his fingers to be messy. This however seemed to be different, and he was all about it! We definitely will be doing this again!

It made it a few places other than his fingers and paper, but that's what the bath is for. I mean, how can you resist a grin like that?!?!

Speaking of baths, Cole loves them! Especially when Daddy is doing bath time. He is so much fun!

Cole is starting to say some really sweet things. He has repeated "I love you" for awhile when we prompt him, but he has started saying it back on his own lately. Yesterday Murray told him he loved him, and Cole said "I love you too." It almost made me cry! Also he is at the age that he wants everyone to know that we are his. He will point to us and say "my momma" or "my dadda." It's so sweet. Here he is showing off something new that I taught him.
We stole this dance from Cole's best buddy Davis. Cole LOVES to do it. It has been REALLY hard to get it on video though because Cole wants everyone to do it, and, if he sees the camera, he wants to watch himself on it. He hasn't quite figured out he has to do something first before he can watch it. Haha. Usually he does the last part of the dance better, but this was the best video yet. I'm telling ya... it's been tough!
I have no idea why this was so fun to him, but it really got him tickled! I love hearing that belly laugh!
Working on a puzzle with Daddy.

This age is so fun. He is really being able to express himself so much better. Sometimes we still fall back into crying/whining, but most of the time he tries to use his words to tell us what he wants, what's wrong, or just what he is doing. I love when we ask him something, and he answers yes or no.

I know there is so much more that I am forgetting, but my blogging zeal is wearing off by this point... scroll down to understand why.

By the way... I'm 18 weeks and feeling great. Murray has felt the baby moving now, and we are just so excited to find out if it is a boy or girl. Make sure to vote if you haven't yet. Girl is winning by a landslide so far!



***Don't miss my 2 other posts below.***

No comments: