Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

16 week update

***First off... make sure to vote on whether you think Cole is going to get a brother or a sister on the poll to the upper right!***

I haven't kept up with all the details of my pregnancy on the blog... not because I am not equally as excited as I was with Cole, but because- despite my assertions that I would not be that typical "2nd time around" mom- I have become exactly that. Having a 16 month old drastically changes how much time you can just sit around reading about every little change that your new baby has had that week or thinking about nursery ideas or blogging about your pregnancy or thinking up baby names or whatever. Haha. However, I am determined to start to doing better because if I don't have time to focus on the pregnancy, how am I going to have time to focus on the actual baby? =) So here goes...

First off- here is my 16 week picture.

Crazy to think that I am already 16 1/2 weeks! I had a doctor's appointment today. Nothing too exciting as far as the actual appointment. However the baby didn't disappoint once again. The doctor once again was amazed at the activity noticeable on the doppler ultrasound. Last time she said that she never hears 12 week babies kicking... ours did. This time she said she never has had to chase a 16 week baby around the uterus... she had to chase ours. She warned me to just get ready because I was going to have my hands full with this one. I wanted to say "They are already full with the kid sitting up here on the table with me!" Haha. What happpened to the theory of one wild kid, one laid back one?!?!? Our second one has to be the laid back one right??? Oh well!

Side note... Cole was super cute during the ultrasound. He was kinda nervous for me at first, but I told him to listen because he was going to hear the baby. He sat super still just staring at my stomach until he heard the heartbeat, and it was like he knew that was the baby because he just turned and smiled at me SO big. Melted my heart a little, I have to admit! Then of course the baby went "swimming" in the words of my OB so he waited for her to search around, and smiled super big again when the heartbeat started back up. I am nervous about the transition, but hopefully he will be that excited about the baby when he/she actually arrives!

My next appointment is 1/5/11... normally I wouldn't tell you this, but I am SO excited about this appt. because it will be our gender-telling ultrasound appt! I will actually be almost 22 weeks at this point, but with the holidays, Murray's call schedule, and our insurance waiting till the start of the year was the better option. I cannot wait to see if Cole will have a little brother and sister. So far, all my dreams have been about girls. I only had one with Cole, and it proved to be accurate. Also, Cole always says either a sister or a girl when we ask him brother/sister or girl/boy. We will be truly happy either way because we definitely want a girl at some point, but it would also be awesome for Cole to have a brother so close in age.

The pregnancy got a whole lot more exciting on Saturday too because I felt our baby move! With Cole it was a "I think I felt the baby" thing. With this one it was a "I totally just felt the baby" thing! Whether that's because this is my 2nd time around or because this baby really is more active and busy, I don't know. Either way, I am so glad that I am getting to experience that feeling again. It is so fun!

***Keep scrolling down because I have done several posts in the last couple days!***

2 comments:

Lydia Tignor said...

You are looking good! I'm going to vote girl because it would be fun to see you with a girl! I'm glad you are having the second child first. :) I will have someone to learn from!

: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.