Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Old Wives' Tale

Murray and I are getting really excited about our ultrasound date on Feb. 20th, but it is still so hard to wait! We want to know right now whether it is a boy or girl. I posted a while back that we were both feeling like it will be a boy, and I don't guess that feeling has really changed too much. However... Fox news had an article on pregnancy myths- one of which could predict your baby's gender- so of course I made Murray try it with me.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,338029,00.html
2. Pendant Test- Hold a necklace with a heavy charm over a pregnant belly — legend says if the pendant moves in a circular direction, it's a girl. If it swings back and forth, it's a boy! (Did it swing circular AND back and forth? Be careful — it may just be twins!)

Now remember, Murray is supposed to have the really steady hands of a surgeon so there shouldn't have been any extraneous variables there, and I didn't tell him whether the circle or line meant boy or girl so he couldn't make a biased movement. The result... a definite circle! So we may feel like it is a boy, but, if these old wives are correct, we just may be getting a girl. Guess we will still have to wait and see what the ultrasound shows, but it was fun to try!

No comments: