Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Filled with Fun

As I alluded to in my previous post, we haven’t slowed down much since Kyndall was born.  We still have all kinds of activities and fun things we want to go and do… for ourselves and for the kids.  I do attempt some of these things on my own, but, until Hayes gets a little bigger, it really is easier with an extra pair of hands.  We obviously love it when our sweet Daddy is the one providing those hands, but we have also loved having Miss Karli around here and there when we want to have an extra fun day during the week.

IMG_2109 Friday was the start to a really fun-filled (and busy) weekend!  That morning we celebrate National Donut Day by a trip to Gibson’s!  I think the rest of Memphis had the same idea because, when we got there at 9:15, they were OUT OF DONUTS!  Well, they had some apple fritters and jelly-filled donuts left, but other than that the cases were empty!  We lucked out and ended up with the last dozen donut holes.  They didn’t go very far with this crew, but everyone was still happy!  They thought the picnic in the Suburban trunk was really fun too since there were absolutely no tables available inside.

IMG_2111 IMG_2112

From there, the girls went with me to my 6 week check-up and then on a shopping date to Target.  We were out of size 1 diapers which was not a good situation to be in!  Haha.  The girls were so big, and Jordan was such a sweet helper!

IMG_2113

Cole has been asking almost daily if I am allowed to run again.  It has been killing him not to go on our run/bike rides together.  When we got home from my appointment, I told him the doctor said I could run now.  He gave me an enthusiastic “YES!” with fist pump!  So we got ready and headed out.  I planned to start with an easy mile, but this boy pushed me to run two instead.  It was SO nice to be out running again… especially with my sweet coach!  (Funny story- He told me he was riding ahead of me to help me run faster so that I could keep up with Daddy.)

IMG_2132 

Later that afternoon, we took a group walk/ride down to Nonny and Poppy’s yard to climb trees.  I let Hayes ride his four wheeler for the first time on the walk, and he was so excited!

IMG_2139 IMG_2142

He even did a little stunt riding and stood up!

IMG_2147

I tried Kyndall forward facing in her wrap for the first time too, and I think she really enjoyed looking around at everything.

IMG_2148

The were pretending to be monkeys… cute ones!

IMG_2151 IMG_2155

Murray ran a 5k Friday night so we headed to the backyard for a picnic dinner! 

IMG_2156

Saturday morning, we were excited to all go swimming at the pool of one of Murray’s good friends.  It is the perfect pool for kids because it has a really big second step that makes a wading area of them.  Plus it has a regular shallow end and the fun diving board!  I know it’s silly, but I thought they looked so sweet in their matching bathing suits!

IMG_2159 

Kyndall didn’t try out the water, but she did a lot of relaxing!

IMG_2165 IMG_2195

I wasn’t sure how Hayes would do because this was the first time he has been in a pool since he was big enough to be somewhat independent.  Murray worked with him for a few minutes helping him get used to the feel of the puddle jumper, and, once he realized he would float, he was all about it!!!

IMG_2167

So stinking cute!

IMG_2178 IMG_2181

All the kids enjoyed the diving board!

IMG_2186 IMG_2188  IMG_2197

We headed home for lunch and nap/rest times.  Murray and Cole went for a quick run on the Greenline, and the rest of us stayed home to enjoy the air conditioning! ;)  Once everyone was back up and feeling good, we headed to Germantown for their charity horse show.  We have never been before, but someone gave Murray tickets so we thought we would check it out.  When the horses were out, everyone was mesmerized.  They really liked the jumpers. 

IMG_2200 IMG_2206IMG_2201 IMG_2202 

We lost attention and sometimes our ability to listen in between events so we decided to walk around.  We found the warm up arena, and the kids loved watching (and even petting) the horses there.

IMG_2209 IMG_2213

Sunday after church, our reach group was invited to grill out and swim!  It was a hot, hot day, and the pool felt so nice.  The kids loved having friends to swim and play with.   

IMG_2221

There was no fear on the diving board today!

IMG_2236 IMG_2238 IMG_2239 IMG_2240

Murray watched one of the dads do a flip off the diving board, and, the next thing I know, he’s doing this!

IMG_2246 IMG_2247 IMG_2248 IMG_2249 IMG_2250

My sweet floating princess!

IMG_2264

They worked up an appetite!

IMG_2266 IMG_2268 IMG_2269

Kyndall looked cute in her little bathing (sleeping) suit too. 

IMG_2270

We left when we knew Hayes was getting ready for a nap.  We waited just a little too long, and we lost him in the car.  It did make for this hilarious moment though!

IMG_2276 

Once we were home, everyone slept except Cole and Jordan who watched a movie and rested.  We definitely needed a little time to recoup from all our fun before starting the next week.

No comments: