Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 3, 2012

Let the Festivities Begin!

0DAA93CD-9435-4008-A6D9-1318A83D4E3E

We have officially started celebrating this Christmas Season.  No, we have not put up our tree or begun decorating much to my dismay, but we have already seen Santa twice, been to a Christmas festival, and had a Christmas work party.  I think that is a pretty good start!  We got all dressed up and went to see Santa for pictures and of course to ask for a special present.  Cole has switched his request on old Santa, and now Santa, who was so prepared ahead of time, will be scrambling! Jordan was not super excited about sitting with Santa, but we offered her a candy cane… the girl will do anything for candy!  End result… picture above.

This weekend, Murray was busy working the medical tent at the St. Jude Marathon (super proud wife!) so the kids and I (and awesome Aunt Neesha) went to the Christmas festival that Germantown put on.  The kids really seemed to love it.  They again saw Santa, made a bunch of crafts, decorated cookies, mailed a letter to Santa, made reindeer food, and even rode in a sleigh (kind of). 

Neesha helping Cole with cookie decorating…

E1594388-06D4-4E83-AB3C-F83EAB73E4B582BAA43C-A362-4990-AB5A-C052B39FAE25

Jordan telling me her icing was MMM MMM good!

8AC0F55E-1861-49B0-B3DA-08633D1FDAAB

No candy canes this time…

B8406D0A-1213-4829-AD57-98B8F8C485DF

That was ok though because Cole got a little extra one-on-one time with Santa.  He was so serious talking to him.  Very cute!

829C8EA2-4D7C-4D3F-AD90-8300B49923E8

We stopped for a juice break and then went on to decorate a cookie plate for Santa.  Cole was the creative genius behind the plate.  Unfortunately, the artist, who shall remain nameless, lacks any artistic talent.

047CF0BE-1F22-46F3-90BA-65A79AF7D4F377FCC6D1-4579-4577-91B9-90F86BD21F30

Moving on, we made jingle bell bracelets.  Cole concentrated and worked so hard on his.  And Sissy was all about taking a picture to show off her pretty bracelet!

B041FBE2-6A2F-4E85-B4AF-6426BF5C3185758E64B1-56CF-4768-997E-6A0DE8F51B2D

Next came Cole’s letter to Santa.  This picture has been compared to a mug shot which I think is pretty funny, but I had to share it anyway because he wrote his own name!

57654C76-39A5-44D2-83A5-736E747A9154

We made reindeer food and raced to catch the last sleigh ride around the stables where the reindeer will be able to take a quick rest on Christmas Eve.

F1C0964E-4341-431A-84B1-7C3EBDB147AE27D91B30-CB5B-4FC1-B983-A9CD0AE7DC2C

It really was a lot of fun, and I was impressed with all they had to offer!  Definitely glad we made the trip and sad that Daddy wasn’t with us!

Saturday night, Murray had his first ever work Christmas party.  He is blessed to work with some really nice and fun people so the party was great.  The other doctor at his practice wrote a very long poem detailing the past year and cracking jokes about each employee at the office.  It was all a surprise and very funny.  She had gifts to go along with each joke.  The best part was that she pretended to be pregnant and birth a baby boy with a full beard and hairy legs (Murray).  Here are some pictures from the night.

The sash says Mom-To-Be, and the bib and baby shirt say My Mom Is Hot…

C3261201-83FE-4979-B4F0-CFCA0AE2844CE9110323-C40D-413A-B1CA-8D0CDD878D26

Murray with all the girls…  Poor guy!

595DC7D4-B88E-4000-9DB7-5980D0B27200

And I attempted a homemade gift for all the girls… spiced cider mix in a cute mug.  I got the idea from this website (http://www.theyummylife.com/spiced_hot_drink_mix_recipe), and it really wasn’t too bad. 

FB54F6AC-9212-43C6-8407-4A10EB9F32D0

So far the start of our celebrating has been very fun.  I am really looking forward to the rest of the month leading up to Christmas.  I know that Cole is going to be all about it this year which is really fun, and even Jordan will enjoy a lot of it.  I am also looking forward to repeating an activity we did last December.  Cole and I did a different good deed each day of December.  We are a few days behind, but we are planning to decorate tomorrow and get started with all the real Christmas traditions after that.  He still repeats the phrase I taught him last year for why we were helping others “We love Jesus, and we love friends” quite often.  I am really excited to talk about the reasons even more this year now that he is bigger and understands so much more.  And we will get Sissy in on it too!  I also had a friend share this website (http://partofthemain.wordpress.com/advent-readings-2011/) with me on good Bible lessons for preschoolers that will lead up to Christmas using a nativity scene, and I can’t wait to start these either.  Guess I should stop posting and get busy keeping all these goals I have made for us to accomplish!  Winking smile

No comments: