I have had a couple of pretty pathetic kiddos the past couple weeks. It started last Friday when Jordan started coughing and ran a low grade fever. Next Cole started coughing and running fever Tuesday. We headed to the doctor to receive the diagnosis of an ear infection and wheezing for Jordan and croup for Cole. About $300 later (haha) we left with a steroid for Cole and seriously like 5 medicines for Jordan including breathing treatments. Cole’s cough did improve after a few pretty sleepless nights on the couch, but he continued to run fever through Saturday. After that we thought we had beat it. Oh no… Jordan started being really fussy again.
**Funny sidenote- I seriously was afraid she was suffering from caffeine headaches because she had been fussy for the few days that I had decided not to drink cokes. I even talked to a friend about if that was possible or not. Haha. Obviously I was taking in WAY too much coke if I thought she could be having those!**
She ended up running close to a 103 fever on Wednesday so I knew my self-diagnosis of caffeine headaches wouldn’t cause that. Back to the doctor we went. Actually Murray, my wonderful husband and my kids’ superdad, took Jordan in this time. Good and bad news… her ear infection wasn’t responding to the initial antibiotic. So one day shy of two weeks later, we are on a new medicine now, and so far she seems happier. Just in time for a road trip! Whew!
Headed home this weekend to meet our sweet new nephew Harlon Bray who was born a week ago. Unfortunately our sick babies prevented the trip home last weekend, but we are so excited to see his precious, chubby face now! Pictures to come of course!

1 comment:
Poor babies! And poor Momma! Hope everyone is feeling more back to normal and you get to see the new baby. (And I hope you were able to catch up on some sleep at some point too!)
Post a Comment