Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, March 16, 2012

10 Months Old!

DSCN1243

I realize that I am way late on this post.  It’s really not my fault this time.  I blame Jordan.  Haha.  Seriously, she has learned all these cute new tricks over the past month, and I have tried and tried to get them on camera before I posted.  Unfortunately Jordan didn’t feel the need to cooperate… one bit!  Unlike her brother who seemed to perform on command most all the time, Jordan has a definite mind of her own when it comes to showing off her skills.  Anyway,  I sort of caught two of the tricks so I am going to go ahead and write the post. 

As you can see from the picture above, she is still cute as can be!  Winking smile  I just pulled down all her new 9 month outfits, and they are so adorable.  (I know she is 10 months, but she is petite.  Smile)  I am really loving dressing her up.  Hopefully she will let me for a long time. 

Despite all her many illnesses over the past month, she is still a very happy, sweet baby girl too!  She smiles at everyone and is very excited to wave at everyone too… new trick number one!  I promise she even says “hi” when she waves.  It is so cute!  She also loves to cheer for herself.  Whenever we say “Yay!” she will clap her hands and smile so big!  Her clap is funny though… it’s more like she is brushing her hands off than actually clapping, but she is so proud of herself anyway- and so are her parents!

She is also getting better and better at pulling up on things.  She even climbed a couple stairs at my aunt’s house over and over again like a pro.  Not much stops her now!  We are still a ways from walking though.  She has no desire to let go of anything.  Occasionally she will let go with one hand to wave, but that other hand is locked on! 

DSCN1263

She is getting more expressive about what she wants.  Today at the grocery, I had Jordan and Cole in the seat of the cart.  Of course we had to get Cole’s cookie from the bakery.  The lady asked me how many I needed, and I said “Oh just one.”  WRONG!  Cole took one bite before Jordan yanked it out of his hand!  Haha.   He and I both were pretty shocked so she managed to take a big bite before I could stop her.  She did ok with it so we went back to get a second one.  She is getting to be so big!  She also fusses at Cole- or me for that matter- when she wants something we have or we take something from her.  With Cole, he usually has taken a toy.  With me, I usually have taken a leaf, piece of dirt, or fuzzball from her.  I promise I clean my house, but she finds EVERYTHING!

As evidenced by my story from the grocery, she is starting to eat some table food.  I really should be honest and say she is eating any type of carb.  She shies away from bananas, green beans, and basically anything nutritious, but she will eat an entire roll, tons of french fries, cheerios, donuts, muffins, and obviously cookies.  Feeding her has been a challenge from the start.  Hoping she will grow out of some of that soon!  Maybe when she gets a tooth or two.  Yep- still waiting.  I do think she might be working on a bottom one now.  At least she looks so cute sitting in her big girl high chair now though! 

DSCN1257

Here are two quick videos of a couple of her tricks.  Still really didn’t catch them at their best, but better than nothing.

Playing Peek-A-Boo with her blanket…

Doing “Hip-Hip-Hooray” with Daddy & Cole (I didn’t have my camera on in time for the first “Hip-Hip”)…

She can also do pattycake, pattycake, baker’s man, and she has purposefully copied me when I was coughing several times.  She thinks it is so funny to go back and forth with our coughing.  One of my very favorite things she does is smack her lips.  When you make a kissing sound to her, she will literally suck her lips all the way into her mouth to make one back at you.  She is actually really good at it.  The funniest thing about it is that because she has no teeth, she looks like a little old lady when she sucks her lips to do it.  I think she is trying to say “Momma” too, but that might be wishful thinking.  Murray agrees though so it really might be true.

I really feel like this past month has brought so many changes.  She is really starting to figure out things all around her and interact with so much more purpose.  She loves taking a bath, playing with the more “boyish” toys, being thrown up in the air and tickled, chasing Cole (with Daddy’s help), and LOVES being outside.  We are enjoying her so much and are overwhelmed with our love for her.  She is such a sweetie pie and a wonderful blessing to our family. 

No comments: