First off, can I just say that it is absolutely CRAZY that we are so close to our due date?!?! I mean, the countdown ticker is in the single digits now! We really couldn't be more excited that our baby boy will be here soon. I'm already having trouble falling asleep at night because I can't stop thinking about all the last minute things I need to get done or what he will look like or how it will happen (water breaking, contractions, induction, etc.)! Murray on the other hand is twitching away beside me before I know it. Not that he is any less excited than I am- that's what being the resident on call will do for ya! He has been so cute though trying to stay awake to answer all my questions or listen to my ramblings.
Anyway, I am actually feeling pretty good considering I am just shy of 39 wks pregnant. For a while, the KY heat was definitely something for me to get used to after the cool Chicago weather, but I'm used to it again and ready for Cole to get here more because of excitement than because I'm tired of being pregnant. At my last appt. I was 1 & 1/2 cm dilated, but maybe I will have made a little more progress when I go back this Wednesday! So... onto what Cole has been up to for the past 6 wks or so.
Wk 33- About 4 & 1/2 lbs and gaining around 1/2 a lb a week! Busy getting antibodies from me to protect him once he is born.
Wk 35- About 5 & 1/2 lbs and around 20 in long. Not much more length growth from here on out, but he will continue to pack on the lbs! Brain development is going crazy from now on. Also a plus, baby should be head down now, & according to the doctors- he is!
Wk 37- Weighs about 6& 1/2 lbs. Considered full term today! Starting to get dimples and creases from all the fat he's accumulating. =)
Wk 38- My doctor says Cole is right around 7 lbs!
Wk 39- Still working on brain development and getting ready for delivery. Come on out!!!
Maybe the next post will be about the birth of our baby!!! Who knows? Haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment