Hayes had a great birthday party! We did a train theme because he loves them right now, and, I must say, he was one cute little conductor!!!
He had to taste test the cupcakes the morning of his birthday... he approved!
So much so that he snuck a second when I wasn't looking!
I did keep a little closer eye on him when it came to the actual cake, but I was so happy that he loved it. He just kept coming back over to look at it or point to something else on it he saw and liked. So sweet! Reaffirmed why I love making my kids birthday cakes. They may not be perfect, but the love they come with makes them extra special!
Showing how old he is now!
And on to the good stuff!!!
Our family alone makes for a big crowd at birthday parties! Hayes was well-celebrated!
Present time! He cracked me up with how he would put his hands in his overalls. Such a little, old man! After a minute or two, he did take them out and enjoy getting into the gifts!
Hayes loved all of his presents. There was a major theme of dinosaurs, trucks, and trains... It doesn't get much better for him at this age! He really enjoyed taking everything out of the package and playing with it once the party was over. The train set was from us, and I loved watching him move the cars around the track. Sweetest little thing!
The party was actually the day before his real birthday so we just kept right on celebrating through the whole weekend! Birthday muffins for breakfast!
He enjoyed being sung to one last time!
Hayes, you are the cutest, sweetest, toughest, funniest, happiest, smartest, snuggliest, bestest 2 year old I know! Biased? Maybe, but you are pretty hard to beat! To say your family adores you would be a major understatement. It is really tough not to just grin ear to ear any time I look at you. You have your typical 2 year old moments, but, even in them, you are awesome. We are so thankful for you and were so happy to celebrate you! Happy 2nd Birthday!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment