***I have had this written for two months now just waiting for the website to let me publish it... Ugh! It's crazy how much he already has changed since his second birthday.***
How can it be, my sweet baby boy? 2?!?! I can still remember so clearly the
day you were born, how excited we all were, how much dark hair you had, how much
your big brother and sister adored you! Now you are really becoming such a fun,
silly, tough little boy. We are LOVING this stage with you. You are just so
stinking cute that it is hard to get very mad at you even when you act 2! In
fact, we turn away to hide our laughter more often than not!
There are so many things that I want to remember about you at this stage.
One of them has to be how much you LOVE your brother and sisters. You want to
do everything the big ones do, and you already take such sweet care of your
little one. You find Kyndall toys, snuggle up to her when I rock you both at
nap or bedtime, sing to her, and try to cheer her up when she is crying.
Another is your sense of humor! I really think you have an AMAZING sense of
humor for only being two years old. I mean, you are really funny! You do silly
things. You say silly things. You purposefully tease and crack jokes. You are
just a mess. I love it.
And oh- your smile! You have the best smile! I love your mischievous smile,
your shy smile, your excited smile… And then when that belly laugh comes out!
Oh man!
Another thing to remember is your imagination! You love to pretend. You
love to be a puppy or a dinosaur. You are constantly calling people on the
phone or going to school- complete with backpack!
Dino…
Telling Daddy to come home…
Going to school… “C’mon!”
Searching for a backpack…
You are also one smart cookie! I will be the first to admit that I don’t
spend the time teaching you that I really should. Things are a little busier
with 4 kids than they were with 1 or 2! I think it just makes you all the
smarter for knowing all that you do! You are an animal expert! You can name SO
many animals and their sounds. You also LOVE dinosaurs and reading all about
them. Your favorite is the T-Rex, but you also are quick to point out
triceratops, stegosaurus, and long necks. You have mastered your colors when
you take the time to think about it and are doing pretty well on shapes.
Animals (I love how everything is a Momma, Daddy, or Baby!)
Colors…
Verbally, you have made leaps and bounds it seems. There is nothing you
can’t repeat, and you speak in sentences. You know names of basically everyone
in our family.
You sing along with songs. Your favorites are “Oh When the Saints,” “Hip Hip
Hip Hippopotamus,” “Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory, Glory,” “Bumpin’ Up
and Down in my Little Red Wagon,” and “Down by the Bay.” A few of my favorite
phrases right now are “Wait me!” “C’mon,” and “I do too!” You can even give
Public Service Announcements about being careful when you’re grilling!
Hot Lava!
You are great at playing. You love to look at books, play with dinosaurs and
animals, or drive trains or trucks. You finally have started climbing up the
steps in playgrounds, but you won’t go into the tunnels yet. You have really
started enjoying puzzles. I love how you say “there it is!” when you find the
right spot. You like to play the “bug game” on my phone, and you LOVE Elmo’s
World and PJ Masks on tv. You truly are the happiest outside though. You love
to dig, ride your four wheeler, find sticks, blow bubbles, look for bugs/worms,
jump on the trampoline, and play any kind of ball.
As I mentioned before, you are a stinker… albeit a really cute one, but a
stinker for sure! You are particular about a lot of things like the sun being
in your eyes or the kind of music you want to listen to in the car. You even
really care what kind of shoes you wear. Right now you are hooked on your brown
cowboy boots! You want to do everything yourself. You are by far our biggest
mess maker and most destructive. You will shred a napkin just because. You
smash your oranges so the juice runs everywhere. You’ve torn books and crumpled
pictures. We love you anyway. Most the time. ;)
You are super tough! It takes a lot to make you cry. Usually you hop right
up saying “I’m otay!” You love to wrestle with Daddy or Cole or Jordan. Daddy
calls you our little bulldozer. You even had your own little wrestling match
with Kyndall in one of these videos.
You did great at your check-up. Dr. Catherine was so impressed with how well
you did and that you weren’t nervous about her at all. You weighed 25.25 pounds
(25-50%) and 35.5 inches (50%).
I’ll finish with the questions Daddy and I always ask you…
My phone ran out of space before I could say “and God made you _____ _____.” JUST RIGHT! Hayes, God truly blessed our family when he gave us you.
You are a pure joy, and you just get better every day. I can’t imagine life
without you, and we are all so glad you are ours! Happy 2nd Birthday, sweetest
boy!
I'm a 31 year old that is happily married to a crazy, fun-loving person! Cole is our first baby. He is so smart, funny, and thoughtful, and we could not be more in love with him! Next we added our baby girl Jordan to the mix, and she is definitely sugar and spice as the saying goes! She is the prettiest little thing ever and loves being the princess of the family! Little Baby Hayes is laid-back and cute as a button. We love watching him grow and learn! Those 3 definitely make our life so much richer which is why we are so excited to add another sweet baby to our family in April! I have the best family and friends in the world, my incredibly cute husband, and the most precious kiddos ever. God has been good to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment