You are changing every day little boy! I know that this hasn’t just happened this month, but I noticing the other night as I rocked you how big you are getting. Maybe I am just trying to convince myself of that since you will be a big brother soon, but truly you are. You used to be no longer than the width of my body when I rocked you. Now I have to wrap your legs around the side of me to rock you. You have had 2 official haircuts, you are getting 2 more teeth which will bring your total to 4, and you are either learning new tricks or perfecting old ones all the time!
You are now the fastest little army crawler around! You move from crawling to sitting with no trouble, and you can pull up with ease! You are even starting to cruise a little. You have figured out how to get up a single step and would probably figure out more if momma let you have a chance, but I’m trying to hold off on that for a bit! Your favorite mode of transportation however would be on my hip. Haha.
You babble a lot and definitely have “Momma” down pat! You have also said Dadda , bye-bye, and ball a few times too. I may have even heard the word “no,” but I am not admitting to that one yet! I wouldn’t say you have those few down consistently yet though.
You are still a great eater and are up for trying most anything. You’re favorite new additions this month have probably been peanut butter and jelly (I know you aren’t supposed to have peanut butter yet… take that up with your Daddy!) and grilled cheese! You still eat fruits and veggies well. You have eaten potato soup and taco soup. Other than meats that you can’t really chew yet, you pretty much eat whatever we eat! Those 2 new teeth on top will make eating a little easier- or at least biting.
You have also learned to drink out of a sippy cup! You can do basically any kind now… soft top, hard top, straw… You LOVE being able to have a cup. I can tell you think you are such a big boy.
You love to point at things lately. This has been really helpful when trying to figure out what you want. You especially love to point at animals though and like to touch them if possible. The deer head on the wall in Daddy’s old room at Mimi and PopPop’s is the best, but animal statues, the cats at piano lessons, Lexie, etc. are all pretty great too! You love hearing animal sounds, and your favorite books to read are the ones about animals!
You are getting so good at using your little hands now, and I promise you must have more than 2 the way that you grab everything! You have legitimately earned the nickname “octopus!” However, you are so proud of how you can use those hands to turn off AND on the lights now!
You also love to play! You especially love to play rough! Fighting with Daddy on the bed is probably your favorite thing to do. He knocks you down with pillows, and you just giggle! You also love to pick on your brother and sister. We are working on not pulling Jordan’s hair, but Cole takes your beatings pretty well.
You have had 2 new play experiences this month too! You got to play in the pit at open gym and in the sand at Pickwick. You loved both. Even when you put sand in your mouth (yuck!), you didn’t fuss. You just kept right on playing!
You have learned a few things this month that I would be happy for you to unlearn! You LOVE to find the bathrooms! I have caught you playing in the toilet water, sitting amidst big piles of toilet paper, and inside my cabinets with everything else outside my cabinets. Haha. I haven’t had my phone on me at the time so I have no physical evidence, but it’s just a matter of time baby boy! You also have started throwing serious fits! You are terrible about arching that back and throwing that head back when you get mad! You also can turn on the “Poor Pitiful Me” face and tears. In fact, we have witnesses who have seen you squeezing your eyes tightly to make tears come out… How can you know how to do that?!?! Trouble!!! And then there is your new favorite noise…
Despite those less desirable habits, this is how you still are most of the time… I just thought you were too cute the other day when I was stopped at a stoplight and turned to check on you. You are the sweetest thing and always have a smile for your momma!
Happy 11 Months Sweet Boy! We are beyond grateful for you and all that you add to our family. We couldn’t love you more!

No comments:
Post a Comment