Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Me & Murray

IMG_1563

Murray and I got to have a kid-free weekend a while back.  My parents took the kids to the lake with them, and we worked a little around the house and played a lot!  It is always so nice to have time with just Murray.  I love our kids more than words can say, and I always miss them when they are gone for a while.  That being said, getting to have uninterrupted time with Murray is a little bit of Heaven on earth!  He truly is my very best friend, the guy who can make me laugh so hard I cry, and my biggest earthly blessing.  What can I say- I love him!  Anyway, here are some pictures from our fun weekend…

First we started out the weekend with dinner out followed by a little shopping.  Too fun!

IMG_1553

Saturday morning, Murray had his 2nd sprint triathlon.  He did great, and I was a proud wife!  Love watching him compete after all his hard work training.  I actually got quite a workout at this race myself.  About 8 till 8, they announce that once the race begins at 8, the roads through the state park will be closed so nobody will be able to get out.  If I wanted to see Murray throughout the race, I had to get back to the car and out of the park by 8!  Not too horrible except the start was about a mile (at least) from where we had to park.  So I had hiked all the way up to the start and had to run all the way back to the car.  I made it though!  One more reason I’m glad I have continued working out.  I would have never made it!  Haha.

P1020963P1020958P1020966P1020972P1020975P1020979

I had plans to swap Cole and Jordan’s room with the nursery as soon as we got home, but Murray dangled a carrot too tempting for me to pass up right in front of me.  He suggested going to the pool without kids!  What a great idea and nice nap!

IMG_1557

We did work on their rooms after catching up on some rest.  The kids were so excited when they got home, and have LOVED their “new” room.  The nursery turned out sweet too.  It has been fun digging out Cole’s old stuff.  Brings back sweet memories.

IMG_1573IMG_1575IMG_1576

Had to add this one in… we built and hung new shutters on our house!  We didn’t do it this weekend.  It was a process over several weeks with the help of my dad, but still.  They look so great if I may brag and really changed the look of our house. 

IMG_1381

Saturday night, Murray took me to the drive-in.  So romantic!  Winking smile  Actually, we watched a pretty awful movie.  I would not recommend Grown-Ups 2, but the atmosphere and company were great!

IMG_1567IMG_1564

Hoping to have at least one more kid-free weekend with this awesome guy before Baby Hayes makes his debut… hint-hint Nonny or Mimi!  Haha. 

No comments: