Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cole’s 1st Week of School

We started the celebration of Cole’s 1st day back to school Monday night.  It was supposed to be the night before his first day in the 4 year old class.  Murray surprised us with GiGi’s cupcakes, and, if you can’t tell from the pictures, the kids kinda liked them.  Haha.  When Murray asked who Cole was excited to see at school, he didn’t name any friends.  He immediately said “Miss” Sara.  We have been so blessed with such amazing teachers last year and this year!  Very thankful!

IMG_1834IMG_1837

Unfortunately our celebration was a little premature because Cole woke up during the night running fever and complaining that his ear hurt.  We haven’t had an ear infection in about 2 years, but poor buddy not only had an ear infection but also strep throat.  First time for that.  He needed some special attention and loving… especially when I told him he was going to have to stay home from his first day of school.  He was so disappointed. 

IMG_1839IMG_1843

Jordan needed a cool washcloth too.  And then Cole decided the baby needed one too.  Haha.

IMG_1842IMG_1844

Once he started feeling a little better, I set him up on ABCmouse.com, and we did school at home.  He is SO excited about it.  Hopefully he will continue to like it, and we can use it to supplement what he is learning at school.

IMG_1845

And once Daddy got home, things got even better!

IMG_1847IMG_1847

Luckily those antibiotics worked quickly, and today was the day!  He was so excited and was very happy to have 4 muffins to celebrate being in the 4 year old class now.  He also is such a sweetie and immediately decided he needed to take some to his new teacher “Miss” Sara. 

DSCN8922

Love this boy!!!

DSCN8932DSCN8935DSCN8936

I put Jordan in a “So Happy” shirt.  She thought she was until after we got to school, dropped Cole off at his classroom, and left.

DSCN8948DSCN8950DSCN8952

Then, all I heard was “I don’t want Cole to go to school.” “I want Cole to come home.” “I go to Cole’s school.”  I may have made a mistake keeping her home again this year.  Haha.  Love how much she loves and wants to be with her big brother though.  It is obvious why… For example, when I picked him up today, I asked him how his 1st day was.  He quickly told me that he was going to tell me about it but not until we were with Daddy and Jordan because he knew they would want to know about it too.  When Jordan woke up from her nap, he was SO sweet.  Blowing her kisses, patting her back, and rubbing her leg.  I think they equally missed each other.  Here is proof that Jordan missed Cole.

Looking forward to a great school year!

No comments: