I have to brag on my kiddos because they are quite the little troopers when it comes to traveling. Cole has always been great in the car, and Jordan is definitely following in his footsteps. Thank goodness since all our family lives at least 4 1/2-5 hours or more away! Murray is on Ortho Trauma again this month (but it’s his last time EVER!!!) so as usual, we made the trip to TN to see everyone. This time we squeezed in Indianapolis, Memphis, Pickwick, Huntingdon, Milan, Medina, Nashville, and back to Louisville in less than 2 weeks time! Whew…
First a couple random cute pictures of Cole and Jordan that I haven’t shared yet…
Cole insisted that he needed to be “covered up like baby sissy!”
Love these 2!
So first stop was Indiana. My parents came up for the weekend, and we headed to see some of my dad’s family. Cole didn’t mind swimming at my Aunt Mona’s and Uncle Darren’s house one bit!
My grandparents just moved into a new house so we wanted to see it. This little guy has been around at least since I was Cole’s age… I think longer. Cole thought he was pretty funny.
Somehow (truly unintentionally) my parents have been in town the weekend of the huge National Street Rod car show each year that we have lived here. If you know my dad, you know that this makes him super excited! I mean grandkids are great, but awesome cars too! Haha. Cole has been all 3 years, and this was Jordan’s first time. Cole talked Poppy into buying him a pretty cool camaro this year.
Notice their matching shirts from last year’s show…
Dad took pictures of some of the cars he really liked, and luckily my mom had thought to throw Cole’s little camera in the bag. He thought he was too cool taking pictures like Poppy!
That night Murray and I went out on a date, and Cole took Nonny, Poppy, and Neesha to Chuck E Cheese!
We headed to Memphis Sunday, and that week I was able to meet up with some of my friends from nursing school and their babies. Our group is ever growing! (Amanda… LOVE Kate’s face! Haha!)
Stylin’ in their special “matching” Elmo shirts.
Our little wanna-be rocker!
At Pickwick we were mostly entertained with Logan’s duck that he has been raising. Quackers would swim out in the lake with Logan and Neesha, and followed Logan around like he was the momma duck!
From Pickwick we headed to Huntingdon to spend time with Murray’s family. Cole especially enjoyed his day with Maddox at Aunt Ju-Ju’s pool!
That night, Uncle Joseph and Uncle Thomas had their church league softball tournament. Cole thought he was big stuff running the bases with them between games, and he even learned how to slide… sort of.
Playing with Easton and Maddox was pretty special too!
Milan is just a short drive from Huntingdon so we headed over to spend some time with Liz & Davis one day. The boys always pick right back up where they left off and so do their mommas!
Nothing like pizza after all that hard work driving and jumping!
From Milan, we headed to Medina to see my aunt and cousins. They raise miniature donkeys and have 2 new baby ones. Cole really enjoyed seeing them and having Aunt Debbie touch them. Haha. I have to give him some credit though because he did actually pet them some too.
On our way back to Louisville we were able to stop to see my forever friend Adrienne. She lives in Nashville now so it was not only a convenient and much needed pit-stop for my crew, but it was her first time to meet Jordan so it worked out perfectly. Our kids are stairsteps… 2, 1, NB. Guess the next step is yours Adj.
It was a wonderful trip, and as I said earlier, Cole and Jordan did so great. I think we were all relieved to get back to our own house though and mostly back to our DADDY!!! He says he missed us more, but I think it has to be a close call because I know we were all so excited to see him!
(If Cole seems clumsy in this video, just know that he had on a pair of shoes that were 2 sizes too big for him, but he HAD to wear them because Davis gave them to him… haha.)
Sweet smiles and kisses for Daddy!
We celebrated being back together by a mommy/daddy date night and then a family day at the KY State Fair.
Murray got me tickets to the Lady Antebellum concert for my birthday that is coming up, and our sweet friends babysat Cole & Jordan so that we could have a fun night out! Thanks Dave & Sara!!!
Cole checking out some of the animals at the fair…
Our little nosy rosy would not lay her head back in the carseat!
It’s exhausting trying not to miss anything!
Cole driving carefully through Safety Town with the help of Daddy… one day those legs will be long enough buddy!
Can you tell Cole was really enjoying his humongous ice cream cone Daddy got him on this incredibly hot day?
Best attempt at a family photo. The sun was really bright! Haha.
And since I started with a random 2 pictures, I’ll end with a random 2…
They are too sweet!
And I can’t help it, I just think she is gorgeous!
I’ve been trying to catch up so don’t miss my 2 other new posts below!

3 comments:
Whew...that made me tired just reading it!
Kate's face is ridiculous. Is she a priss or what?!
Quackers is hilarious.
I didnt know Debbie raised mini donkeys! (I was going to say little *sses, but I didnt want to be inappropriate :)
Jordan is beautiful.
You are RICH! Thank you for sharing and allowing me to come into your world. I would like to be a blessing to you each and everyday. Please share my site with your friends so I may be a blessing to them as well. You can visit me at http://perrythepastor.blogspot.com/
please check out my new blog, www.carmelsgossip.blogspt.com
Post a Comment