I realize that my big two only go to school 3 half days a week, but, man, do we still love our breaks together! We packed in the fun during Cole and Jordan’s Spring Break starting with a trip to Mimi and PopPop’s!
Cole, Jordan, and Hayes all stayed from Saturday after Banks’ birthday party to Tuesday in Huntingdon. They had a blast playing with cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course- Mimi and PopPop! It’s funny how it all works out… Cole and Easton are big buds, Jordan and Harlon are so sweet together, and Banks couldn’t be more excited about “Baby” Hayes! Everyone has a buddy!
Aunt Meg had Jordan over to play with Harlon one day, and Jordan informed her she needed makeup like Meg’s. What’s a fun aunt (who lives with all boys) to do, but doll her niece up?!?! Jordan was pumped!
Now, I did manage to sneak in a good amount of time resting and relaxing while the kids were gone, but we also knocked out our baby girl’s nursery! So excited to see it come together! Thanks Mimi and PopPop! I know your hands were so full, but I couldn’t have enjoyed the peace, quiet, and productivity more!
Once the kids were home, we hit the ground running! We did something fun everyday! Wednesday was the zoo with Case, Emery, and Mrs. Anne! We hadn’t been to the zoo in a while since the weather has been so cold and weird so the kids were all excited. Hayes was especially fun since he loves animals and this was his first trip to really be able to spot them. His little face would just light up when he zeroed in on them.
Thursday was Shelby Farms’ playground with Carson, Cavin, and Mrs. Amy. Jordan was pumped that she made it all the way up the rope ladder. She has grown a lot since we were there last!
Hayes loved all the swings!
And I could hardly keep up with Cole! He was loving having the playground all to himself and his buddies!
Friday was the Children’s Museum- along with a million field trip kids! Seriously, it was so busy and overwhelming, but somehow we managed to do most everything we wanted and still leave with the right number of kids!
We stayed in the toddler/preschool area quite a while. Hayes and Jordan loved it, and Cole was such a sweet big brother. The new expansion is really nice and definitely came in handy on such a crowded day!
Jordan and Cole climbed to the top of this playset, but unfortunately only Cole came back down the slide. He quickly informed me that Jordan was afraid to climb back down to the level where the slide was, and, despite my gesturing and Cole’s best efforts, she was only coming down if I went after her. So… 34 weeks pregnant, I climbed through the tunnels, saved her, and slid down the tube slide… much to the amusement of everyone else around- and there were many around!
Since we didn’t stay as long as we had originally thought we would, the kids listened and stayed with me so well, and there were no fits or tears when it was time to go, I treated the kids to Taco Bell (with the inside playground) for lunch. They were pumped. I even let Hayes bypass a highchair to sit a the kid table like a big kid. I jokingly said “Who’s the best mom in the world?” They of course said I was, and Cole went on to add “And Daddy’s the best Daddy in the world! Good thing you picked him!” Haha. So true sweet boy!
Even with all the fun things we did, I really enjoyed just seeing my kids playing together with their own toys during our at home time. They really play so well together most of the time, and it is awesome when I catch all three of them engrossed in the same thing.
Over the weekend, things got wild and crazy! Jordan and I found some clearanced face paint at Target, and we had a fun time recreating some of the suggested artwork that came with it. Cole became a tough football player, Jordan was a fairy, and Hayes was so excited about his baseball!
Even though our Spring Break was technically over, we met up with Xander, Connor, and Mrs. Betsi on Monday during their Spring Break for another zoo trip since we didn’t have school till Tuesday. It was finally a truly beautiful, Spring-like day! We all loved the sunshine, and we even ended up with slightly pink arms and necks!
I let Hayes out of his stroller more this time, and he was tough to keep up with! He would book it for the next animal exhibit. You could tell he thought he was big stuff! And can I just add, that he is so stinking adorable walking around in shorts and a t-shirt!
It was warm enough that we needed some slushes to cool off, and, while I was busy chasing my little daredevil around the playground, Jordan climbed right up and relaxed with Mrs. Betsi. :)
Well… Spring Break was officially over which was a bummer, but we got to go back to school on St. Patrick’s Day so the kids were excited to wear their green! A sneaky leprechaun even snuck in both their classrooms and made a big mess!
Hayes sported his green too!
And the weather was so nice, I surprised the kids after school with their bikes so that they could bike home. It’s just under a mile from our house to their school. Cole made it without any trouble. Jordan really has only started riding her big girl bike since we moved to our new house (2 months tops), but she did great! She needed the motivation of ice cream at home to get her the last little bit, but she made it!
And Daddy got home early so we enjoyed the pretty weather with him on our front porch swing. He makes up the craziest songs, and he had the kids all laughing!
Finally, Cole had his first t-ball practice with his new team Tuesday night. Nothing says springtime like baseball!
I know it will be different since Kyndall will have arrived, but having the freedom to go and do whatever, whenever without worrying about bedtimes as much over break was enough to make me really excited about summer! I know we will be outside a lot! Can’t wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment