One of the coolest things yet is that at 13 weeks, it was able to suck its thumb. I would love to see it doing that on the ultrasound. It's vocal cords were also fully developed at 13 weeks too, but it can't make any noise since sound doesn't travel through amniotic fluid.
14 weeks- the baby is working on controlling voluntary movements, but it will still be a few more weeks before I can feel anything probably. That's something I cannot wait for! I really can't wait till it is strong enough for Murray to feel too! Also kinda cool, our baby now has its own unique fingerprints. I'm sure we will see those over windows and walls for years to come!
I will be 15 weeks on Tuesday so I'm gonna cheat and tell you what the baby will be doing this week. For one, it actually has a neck now and looks much more like a baby. It also is practicing sucking and swallowing (amniotic fluid) and can even get the hiccups. As far as size goes, the baby is growing and growing. It is now supposed to be 4 inches long and weigh about 2 ounces. Crazy that all its organs and everything can fit into such a tiny little thing!
This is NOT our baby, but since it will be a while before I can post a new ultrasound of ours, I thought I would show you what our baby should be looking like right now.
We have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday so I will let you know if I learn anything else cool! I will try to put up a new belly picture soon too. I feel like I am really starting to show, but most people still can't tell. Won't be much longer though I'm sure. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment